Spy Camera DetectorProduct Code SCD2
NEW – The Spy Camera Detector combines a state of the art pinhole/spy camera lens detection, multi-phase infrared detection and lower range RF transmission scanning, all in one robust and well thought out hand held device.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Spy Camera Detector then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery Options£2.75 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£7.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£26 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£16 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£25 - Europe Zone (1 to 2 working days )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£32 - Europe Zone 2 (1 to 3 working days )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£38 - Europe Zone 3 (1 to 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£43 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 4 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£48 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 5 working days )
USA & Canada£33 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 3 working days )
£ 82.80 Incl. VAT£ 69.00 Excl. VAT
Many spy cameras don’t wirelessly transmit their imagery, so this camera detector is something that everyone, who is serious about finding hidden cameras, must have in their armoury.
Identifies All Types Of Covert & Overt Cameras
It is commonly misunderstood that the only way to detect bugging devices is to use some radio frequency scanning equipment, although certain devices do not emit signals and therefore cannot be detected by this method. As an advanced specialist bug detector, the Spy Camera Detector will detect both wireless and wired cameras because it will show the actual lens of the camera to the user, as opposed to detecting a radio frequency transmission. In addition to identifying the location of the camera, this product also identifies where infrared illumination is in use, used by nighttime capable camera systems.
Illuminates Hidden Lenses – Alerts For Infrared Use
For the camera lens detection, the function is based on the principle of optical augmentation. This technical jargon refers to the phenomenon where light reflected from a focused optical system such as a video camera lens is reflected along the same path as the incident light. This means that if a hidden or spy camera is illuminated and viewed with the spy camera finder technology, then a strong reflection from the target camera will reveal its position to the user.
High Power & Adjustable Flashing LED Lights
The spy camera detector exploits this phenomenon by using a special, ultra-bright LED centred in the viewing port. When a user scans a room looking through the viewing port a hidden camera, appearing in the field of view will brightly reflect the light from the LED’s, showing up as a bright pin-prick of light. This unit has the ability to identify all spy cameras within the viewing area of the viewing port. It should be noted that you body position will need to be regularly adjusted during a scan to give the light reflection from a lens a better chance of being seen.
Infrared Detection Feature
Some covert or discreetly hidden cameras use infrared systems to illuminate the environment in front of the camera when light is dim or there is complete darkness. Without these low light systems most spy cameras do not work well. Although some infrared systems emit a light that is visible to the human eye, many work on a frequency that means that they cannot be seen and this is where the infrared detection assists as it can identify the glow of infrared through the inbuilt camera, with the imagery from the camera displaying on the integrated screen.
In addition to the spy camera finder features, this counter surveillance unit also has radio frequency detection. Extend the integrated antenna and switch mode for detecting transmissions in the vicinity between 10Mhz and 12Ghz. The device has a LED light array that indicates the strength of signal detected and will be accompanied by a beeping sound (can be switched to vibrate only). This feature is only very basic and although it can detect signals of many types (GSM, 3G, 4G, WiFi, etc.) we would recommend that a more dedicated radio frequency detector should be used that has more sophistication if this is your main requirement (see other products in our range).
- Physical detection system for identifying camera lenses, infrared systems and low range radio frequency detection
- Super bright LED viewfinder with projection range of approximately 10 metres plus
- Adjustable red LED flash rate – Assists detection of various lenses
- Infrared detection range 750 – 1000NM – Detection distance up to 10 metres
- Observing Eyepiece Viewing Port: 5 x optical magnification
- Radio frequency detection range: 10 ~ 12000Mhz, which includes GSM, 3G, 4G, WiFi and Bluetooth
- RF detection distance: GSM: 5cm to 6M, 3G & 4G: 20 to 100cm, WiFi: 10 to 100cm
- Powered by inbuilt 400mA lithium rechargeable battery – Charge time 2 hours
- Usage time after full charge of approximately 1.5 hours
- Supplied with USB charging lead – Charge interface: Type C
- Dimensions: 110mm x x 59mm x 14mm – Net weight: 80g
Will the device pick up on signals that are not from bugging devices?
Yes, the Spy Bug Finder will pick up on transmissions from radio stations, WiFi and many other friendly signals
Where is is best used?
This cannot be classed as a professional bug detector, but it s more than capable of detecting all commonly used bugs, so perfect for use in the home or in a small office.
Could this be used to do a professional bug sweep?
No, a counter surveillance professional will use a number of more comprehensive and sophisticated bug hunters. Please see our Specialist Bug Detector section.
Can the Spy Camera Detector detect voice recorders?
No, voice recorders do not transmit any radio frequency and so these cannot be detected.
How does the spy camera / lens detection system work?
The flashing red LED lights will show a tiny pinprick reflection from the centre of the camera lens.
Will this be able to identify wireless cameras?
The integrated spy camera finder is for all cameras, wired or wireless. The lights are configured to highlight the centre of a lens, which shows as a pinprick of light when looking through the view finder.
Will the red LED’s only reflect back from camera lenses?
No, there will be a reflection from all shiny surfaces, although with a little practice it is easy to identify what is a lens and what is just a standard shine back from a polished surface.
Can the infrared detection show up those that cannot be seen by the human eye?
Yes, the infrared system has a range that it can uncover including those that are not normally seen by the human eye.
Can the Infrared detection feature be used in broad daylight?
Normal daylight/bright light conditions are not ideal for this as infrared lights will normally only be on in poorly lit/dark environments and also the detection facility will find it difficult to show the infrared glow when the environment is well lit.
- If using the frequency detection/scan feature, you will need to have the ability to switch off all equipment transmitting radio frequencies in the area in which you use the product
- If you are conducting a more general professional counter surveillance sweep then you should look at more sophisticated devices in our specialist bug detection category
- This product is capable of detecting both friendly and hostile transmissions. No bug detector can automatically differentiate between the two, so a process of elimination will have to be conducted in relation to any strong local signals that are picked up
- The lens detector system is purely for physically detecting camera lenses. If conducting a comprehensive counter surveillance sweep then you will need a number of other pieces of equipment.
- The spy camera finder LED’s can often show up other reflections that could give the impression that there is a camera lens where it is seen. It is always recommended that a physical inspection is used to confirm any suspect reflections using the device.
- The infrared detection system is designed to identify infrared illuminators that are not in the visible frequency range of the human eye. It is best to use this feature when there is low light/darkness to get the best out of it