Magnetic Car Asset TrackerProduct Code M4V
The Magnetic Car and Asset Tracker is coupled with a comprehensive tracking and mapping platform for that enables both live updates and and history logging, accessible via a Smartphone App and computer/laptop/tablet Internet browser. Easy to use complete professional package with no hidden costs.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Magnetic Car Asset Tracker then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery Options£2.75 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£7.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£26 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£16 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£25 - Europe Zone (1 to 2 working days )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£32 - Europe Zone 2 (1 to 3 working days )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£38 - Europe Zone 3 (1 to 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£43 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 4 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£48 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 5 working days )
USA & Canada£33 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 3 working days )
£ 254.40 Incl. VAT£ 212.00 Excl. VAT
Previous customers also bought this...
The Magnetic Car Asset Tracker has a strong inbuilt magnetic sole for under vehicle/asset secure attachment, excellent battery life, full live and historical monitoring through smartphone app and/or website that is simple to use and configure to your specific requirements.
Configurable Reliable and Efficient GPS Tracking
There are a number key things that our customers require from a covert tracking system – Regular and accurate GPS tracking updates that can be viewed ‘live’ (as it happens) or subsequently at a more convenient time the ability to check historical tracking data that allows a picture to be formed of where the vehicle/asset being tracked has been. The Magnetic Car Asset Tracker certainly fulfils these requirement and more with tracking intervals of 15 seconds, accuracy to generally within 5 metres (optimal conditions) and a detailed configurable mapping platform that can be accessed from any Internet connected device.
Water Resistant Case – Super Strong Magnets
The cell and GPS tracking technology is fully protected (IP67) sealed within a tough water and dust resistant case that is designed to shield the internal electronics from environments such as the underside of a vehicle in all weather. To keep the casing completely weatherproof, the Magnetic Car Asset Tracker does not have a on/off switch. This also means that the unit cannot be accidentally switched off. The unit simply powers up when the SIM card is inserted and powers down when it is popped out, which ensures that the unit will not be accidentally switched off during deployment.
This tracking device can be easily placed under any vehicle, thanks to inbuilt magnetic sole plate, that has excellent pull strength, to keep it safely attached. The unit has a shallow profile height, which means it can still be used for sports cars and similar vehicles that naturally sit lower to the road surface.
A GPS Tracker With Long Battery Life – Hard Wire Capability
The Avenger GPS Tracker has an onboard movement sensor that allows the device to power down into sleep mode when it has not been on-the-move for more than 5 minutes. And unlike many other vehicle tracking devices, this GPS tracking device has a very low power consumption whilst in operation. It has a rechargeable 10000 mAh battery, so after a full charge of the internal lithium power pack, the tracker can generally function between 4 and 5 weeks operationally or up to 6 months on pure standby (battery life times are based on a vehicle moving for approximately two to three hours per day). In addition, in order to ensure that the battery doesn’t expire during a deployment, there is the facility on the tracking panel to monitor the battery life status. As an alternative the tracking device can be attached to the vehicles own power supply for longterm logistics tracking use (harness included).
Prepay Vodafone SIM Installed
The Magnetic Car Asset Tracker is supplied, as standard, with a prepay Vodafone SIM card topped up with £10 worth of credit, for transmitting the positional data. This allows for real-time locations to be reported back to the tracking panel and provides extremely reliable and consistent tracking at a very reasonable cost. The £10 of credit installed will generally be sufficient for a month of continual use. Using the information supplied, it is easy to top up the credit on the SIM card remotely, so no need to retrieve the tracker to achieve this and with no contracts needed there is no need to keep paying on a monthly basis when the tracker may not be in use.
No Tracking Credit Top-ups Required
Many tracking devices available have ongoing running costs in the form of ‘tracking credits’ in addition to adding credit to the tracker’s SIM card. This normally means that regular payments have to be made to keep ‘tracking credits’ topped up to ensure that the location information from the tracking device remains accessible on the tracking panel to which it is linked. This system can prove very costly over time. The Magnetic Car Asset Tracker has no annual subscription fee for use of the supplied tracking/mapping panel, so all cost are in fact included in the tracker purchase price. This means that there are no hidden extras or pitfalls to consider whatsoever going forward other than the SIM credit top ups.
Easy to Monitor Remotely Using Computer, Tablet or Smartphone
The Magnetic Car Asset Tracker operates through the supplied Smartphone App and/or web-based tracking console that uses Open Street mapping. This tracking platform is a password protected with comprehensive facilities that includes live tracking updates every 15 seconds, geo-fencing, notification alerts and multi-device monitoring/control. The mapping is extremely sophisticated and a similar experience to Google Maps (without Google Streetview). The tracking platform can easily be viewed on any internet enabled mobile phone or tablet, providing real-time monitoring as well as other features whilst on the move through a free App or via any Internet connected computer.
Professional Tracking – Reasonably Priced
If you need a really well-engineered, robust, effective and easily deployable GPS tracking device that has detailed ‘real time’ and historic monitoring facilities, then the magnetic Car Asset Tracker is really worth serious consideration. With superb battery life and a low profile, together with very a competitive all-round package, then it is easy to see why this unit should be contemplated by those wanting a professional investigatory tracking solution. The package includes a hard-wiring harness that enables the unit to be connected to the vehicles own battery power (it is advised that you use a professional Auto Electrician for this).
- Magnetic vehicle and asset tracker that is easy to deploy and monitor. Made for professionals, but usable by anybody with a computer, tablet or smartphone
- Real time GPS tracking with 15 second live location updates (or longer between if required)
- LBS ability provides some backup if device loses GPS (When going into a tunnel or underground carpark, but where mobile phone signal still exists)
- Completely weatherproof sealed casing (IP67 rated) – ideal for under vehicle deployment capability
- No on/off switch ensures that device will not be accidentally switched off when deployed
- Internal fully rechargeable 10000 mAH Lithium battery – In-Built Motion Sensor will automatically power down to conserve battery power when not in operation for 5 minutes
- Efficient battery consumption – approx. 1 month life – Standby Time up to 6 months based on 2 to 3 hours driving per day after a full charge
- Exceptionally strong magnetic holding power for secure deployment beneath a vehicle or other asset
- GPS chipset technology with in-built high gain GPS antenna – Quad-band GSM 4 band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Geo-Fencing provides alerts via App the moment the unit enters or leaves any user defined area
- Accurate GPS tracking locations accurate usually to within a matter of 5 meters at street level – GPS sensitivity -165dBm
- Ability to playback journey history visually on the tracking console
- View multiple tracking devices on one screen or home in on one device at any given time
- Secure login to web-based tracking console or Smartphone App from any Internet-connected device – no specialist software required
- No tracking credits system – No annual subscription needed
- Included Vodafone prepay SIM with £10 credit – No annual contract sign-up needed
- Wiring harness included for direct connection to the vehicle’s own power
- Compact overall dimensions: size (L x W x H) – 106 x 63 x 37.5mm
Can this GPS tracker be placed right underneath the body of a car or other moveable asset?
Yes. After the device has been able to get a GPS positional fix, then it can be deployed right underneath out of sight. You will however get more accurate locations if the tracker is placed nearer an outer edge of the underside of the vehicle being tracked.
How strong is the magnet attachment sole? Is there possibility that the unit could drop off?
The magnetic plate has a very good pull strength. Bear in mind that the unit weighs much less than half a kilogram so as long as it has been securely attached at time of deployment then there should be no chance of it ever simply ‘falling’ off.
What can I do if the car on which I wish to put the tracker has a complete plastic underbody?
There maybe a possibility of cable-tying the tracker in place or if possible then the tacker could be concealed somewhere with the vehicle and still have a chance of working well.
Is the GPS tracker device completely waterproof?
The Magnetic Car Asset Tracker is certainly designed to be weatherproof and is ideally suited to underside deployment on a vehicle. The casing is sealed in a way that prevents water and dust ingress, to IP67 standard and although the tracker could not be dropped into a bucket of water and remain completely dry within, although this really is not what is required anyway.
How accurate are the locations provided by the vehicle tracker?
This will depend on a number of factors including what type of area the tracker is in at the time that it sends out locations. If there are tall buildings then GPS reflection from these buildings can reduce accuracy a little. However, generally the devices are accurate to within about 5 metres.
If I want to know when the tracker enters or exits a certain area, then is there a way that I can be notified?
Yes. This is known as a Geo-Fence alert. You can be alerted through the platform App each time the tracking device enters or leaves a preset geofence area.
Consider The Following When Using The Magnetic Car AssetTracker:
- There are no annual fees to pay for tracking platform and no tracking credits. The cost of the tracker purchase includes unlimited use of the tracking console.
- Each device is provided with a Vodafone Prepay SIM card loaded with £10 worth of credit that should be enough for one months tracking/location updates.
- After the first month you will need to top up the Vodafone SIM card to continue the location updates or should you choose the Vodafone SIM could be replaced by a contract SIM of your own choice.
- If you decide on a Prepay SIM from another network other than Vodafone then there are less options for topping up the SIM credit without removing the SIM from the tracker and putting it into a phone.
- If you intend to use the tracking device permanently outside the UK and EU and want to use your own SIM, then you will need to contact Spy equipment UK, preferably by phone to make arrangements for remote programming of the tracker to accept the SIM being used.