USA 6 Gang Extension Recorder (Time-Date)Product Code USR6
This is a fully functioning mains powered USA 6-Gang plug extension lead with a built-in sound-activated recording system that is completely concealed. This is an excellent long term audio surveillance solution for home or office.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about USA 6 Gang Extension Recorder (Time-Date) then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery OptionsFree Delivery
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£18 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£12 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
£21 - UK Saturday Express (before 09.00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£17 - Europe Zone 1 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£24 - Europe Zone 2 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£29 - Europe Zone 3 ( Express - 2 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£31 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£36 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 4 working days )
USA & Canada£20 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 2 working days )
£ 270.00 Incl. VAT£ 225.00 Excl. VAT
This is a fully functioning mains powered USA 6-Gang mains adapter with a built-in sound-activated recording system that is completely concealed. This extension recorder is the perfect long term audio surveillance solution for home or office.
Plug Sockets Function – Discreet Design
The mains US 6-Gang adapter is fully functional and as such can power six US-style mains-powered devices, whilst at the same time undertake secret room recording. The voice recording device has no internal battery back up, so when it is not plugged into a ‘live’ mains power outlet, the recording feature will not be work. There are no obvious external clues that this extension lead is anything but the standard product that you could buy from the local store. This is because the recording system is hidden completely from view and can only be accessed by unscrewing and opening up the extension lead.
Very Reactive Microphone- Sound Activation
The recording system is always set to voice activation mode and the inbuilt microphone is very sensitivity ensuring that it can pick up normal speech level sounds in a 7 metre pick up radius. The recording module is made for covert use and gives no indication either visually or audibly that recording has started/stopped. The recording software will record up to 999 separate files. In some environments where there are short regular bursts of noise, the number of files may be used up before the memory capacity of the micro SD card inside the recorder has been used.
Easy to Use – Plug-in and Record Technology
The unit, internally, is fitted with a micro SD card recording module that can accept up to a 32GB SD card, although as standard a the unit is supplied pre-installed with a 8GB micro SD card anyway. The recording system is completely secreted within the unit. Recording can be started by merely plugging the 6-Gang extension into a ‘live’ mains socket. Recording will commence in response to sound in the environment in which the unit has been placed, so when there is no noise in the environment, recording will stop and store the last file onto the memory card within. There are no external or internal switches, so stopping the recording system can only be achieved by disconnecting the adapter from the mains power or switching the mains power off at the socket.
Compatible With Windows or Mac Computer
To change the micro SD card, the body of the adapter needs to be opened up (unscrewed) whilst it is disconnected from the power. This is a very simple operation and can be undertaken by even a complete novice. Battery power has previously been a major limiting fact with mains recorders, but this bugging device is the ideal solution for completely discreet long term voice recording. Recordings can be played back from the SD card on a computer (Windows or Mac). It is a good idea to ensure that the computer has a good set of speakers for ease of listening.
- Discreet recording solution for home or office
- Fully functional 6-Way USA mains extension lead (plug other devices into all sockets if required.
- Can be used as a working lead plugged into a USA style mains source
- Recording time only limited by the size of micro SD card that you choose
- Internal micro SD card recording system – maximum 32GB card (up to 999 separate files)
- Supplied as standard with 8GB micro SD Card
- Micro SD card upgrade can be selected from drop-down menu
- Sound (voice) activated recording system for intelligent operation
- Audio pick up range for normal speech of approximately 7 metres radius
- Effective and very simple to use (plug and go technology)
- Both Windows and Mac compatibel – no specialist software needed
Will this work as a standard 6-way USA style mains plug adapter?
Yes, it will power devices plugged into it whilst working as a listening device. All 6 sockets can be used.
What is the recording radius of this device?
This device will record voices clearly within a 7 metre radius.
Will the recorder still work if it is unplugged from the mains power supply?
No, the unit has no back up battery, so recording will stop when disconnected.
Is there a time and date stamp on the recordings?
There is no changeable time and date reference on the recordings.
How can the recordings be played back and listened to?
The USA extension lead has a number of screws that hold the device together as one unit. When these are unscrewed the adapter then splits into two parts and this gives access to the micro SD card. This can be popped out, connected to a computer via SD card reader and the recordings can then be transferred / played back on the computer through the media player.
Can the voice activation facility be turned off?
No, the device is designed as standard to have voice (sound) activation. It always will be set to this mode.
How many hours of recorded audio will I be able to get on an SD card?
The unit as standard is supplied with a 4GB SD card. This has capacity for up to 72 hours of recorded audio. The device will accept cards up to 32GB. A card of this maximum size will store up to 576 hours of recorded audio.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- You will need a suitable screwdriver (philips style is preferable) to open up the device giving access to the micro SD card within.
- The product requires a suitable powered mains outlet to power the product
- You will need a computer with speakers attached if wishing to playback recordings through your PC or Laptop.
- You will require media player on the computer for playback of audio files. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK.
- It maybe worth having another micro SD card as a direct replacement inside the device (other than one supplied) for a swift turnaround thereby reducing operational downtime.
- Generally 1GB of recording memory will give up to 18 hours of recording, so a 32GB SD card will store up to 576 hours of recordings.