GSM Car BugProduct Code CBUG
Made by Spy Equipment UK – NEW UPDATED* This is superb self-contained GSM Bug that has specifically been designed for listening into a car or van. The unit is designed to be hidden away behind the dashboard and hard-wired into the vehicle electrics for long term deployment.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about GSM Car Bug then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery Options£2.75 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£7.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£26 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£16 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£25 - Europe Zone (1 to 2 working days )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£32 - Europe Zone 2 (1 to 3 working days )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£38 - Europe Zone 3 (1 to 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£43 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 4 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£48 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 5 working days )
USA & Canada£33 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 3 working days )
£ 234.00 Incl. VAT£ 195.00 Excl. VAT
This product has been specifically designed to be hidden and hard-wired inside a vehicle (car/van). The purpose of the unit is to provide the ability to listen to what is happening inside the vehicle from anywhere in the world.
Excellent Audio – Backup Battery
Listening in can easily be achieved because the device uses mobile phone technology inside to turn the system into a remote listening device classified as a GSM bug. This superb GSM unit delivers superb audio quality and is fitted with an external microphone (approximately 1.5 metres in length) and internal lithium ion rechargeable battery pack. The extended microphone enables the device to be hidden away out of sight behind the dashboard and the battery ensures that even if the car battery is disconnected, the bug will still remain switched on ready for use.
Designed for Totally Discreet Installation
The rechargeable internal battery is continually topped up by trickle charge from the 12V Car/Van battery to which it has been attached, so once installed the unit can be just left in place to be available for listening in on demand. With the unit completely concealed behind the dashboard the microphone can be being tucked into a semi-exposed position, thereby not giving away that the device is present. We recommend that a good place is to hide the microphone just behind the roof lining material just short of the top corner of the windscreen on the drivers side. This position is very near to the drivers mouth and therefore ideally placed to pick up on what is being said in the vehicle.
Simple to Use – Discreet Operation
To use the bug function, it is a matter of simply calling the SIM card that you have put in the device. The unit will automatically answer the call and without giving any indication open up the microphone so that you can listen to the surrounding environment (the inside of the vehicle). When you have finished listening, then it is a matter of ending the call at your end. The GSM Car Bug is completely discreet in operation and unit will not make any sounds to alert attention at any time to give away its presence with a vehicle.
The listening device is supplied with a pre-pay SIM with no credit on. The device does not require any credit to receive calls (unless the vehicle is in another country), but after a period of time the SIM card network provider may disconnect the SIM as no money is being made from the SIM card because it is only being used for receiving calls. This may means that at some stage the SIM will need to be changed for an active SIM card. Alternatively, it may be prudent to use a low cost contract SIM in the device. At times it may not be possible to call the GSM bug because of poor network signals are being experienced at the location where the GSM Car Bug is at that time (or where the vehicle it is installed in is located). When fitting to a modern vehicle with CANBUS wiring it maybe best to seek the expertise of a qualified Auto Electrician.
- Call this listening device from any phone
- Microphone provides absolute top quality audio quality – Knowles microphone
- Microphone is just over 1 metre in length from its connection to the GSM body/box
- Totally discreet operation – no giveaway lights or noises
- Designed for hard-wiring into vehicle electrics (may require specialist help of auto-electrician)
- Accepts any mini size 2G SIM card – works on any 2G GSM network (quad-band)
- Internal Lithium Ion rechargeable battery for back up if battery is disconnected
- Unlimited listening in time when taking power from vehicle power supply
- 24 hours standby /1 hour listening time when not hard-wired to vehicle electrics
- Main Unit Dimensions: 65 x 30 x 19 mm
Can I just place this device under the seat inside the car?
No, the GSM Car Bug is best fitted behind the dashboard of a car so that the main part of the system is hidden from view. It has an external microphone to make this possible.
Is this something that anybody can install?
Although somebody with basic car electrical knowledge maybe able to fit the system, it is recommended that on modern vehicles attachment of additional electronic systems be conducted by a qualified auto electrician.
Can the SIM card in the device be changed over easily?
The SIM card slot is on the inside of the main body of the Car Bug. It’s simply a a matter of releasing 4 screws to remove the lid for access .
How sensitive is the microphone?
The top quality Knowles microphone, if placed correctly should easily pick up sounds in a 7 to 8 metre radius radius and as such this means that all sounds inside the car should be easily heard.
Does the GSM Bug make any noise or are there any indication that it is being used as a listening device?
There are no giveaway signs whatsoever.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- We generally supply a GSM 2G EE SIM card with this unit although the SIM will need to be activated before it can be used in the device.
- Hard-wiring of the GSM Car Bug may require the assistance of a qualified auto-electrician, especially if being fitted to a vehicle that has modern CAN Bus (signal) wiring.
- The device does not require credit on the SIM card to receive the call, however it is worth noting that if using a Pay-as-you-go SIM then after a period of time the SIM supplier may cut off the SIM card from the network.
- You will need a mobile or landline phone to be able to listen in to the car bug
- This unit will only operate with GSM network SIM cards and will NOT operate on a CDMA system.
- This model uses a 2G GSM module which means that it is not suitable for use in the USA where only 3G and above is now available