GSM Black Box Listening BugProduct Code GSM1
A superb extremely compact and versatile battery-powered GSM bug that is ideal for many applications. Perfect as a quick deployment listening device in the house, office, car, van or other vehicle. Simple to use, with excellent performance.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about GSM Black Box Listening Bug then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery OptionsFree Delivery
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£7.00 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£20 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£14 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£23 - Europe Zone (1 to 2 working days )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£30 - Europe Zone 2 (1 to 3 working days )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£36 - Europe Zone 3 (1 to 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£41 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 4 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£46 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 5 working days )
USA & Canada£27 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 3 working days )
£ 226.80 Incl. VAT£ 189.00 Excl. VAT
The GSM Black Box is a standalone audio bug that can provide the ability to listen ‘live’ to what is happening in the environment in which it has been placed without the need to have a permanent mains power supply. Read on to learn more about this terrific
Sensitive Microphone – Discreet Auto-answering
As with all GSM Bugs, the GSM Black Box requires a mobile phone SIM card inserted within so that it can be called from anywhere in the world if required. When the number of the inserted SIM is called the unit will, without alerting attention in any way, auto-answer the call and open up its in-built sensitive microphone that will enable the caller to listen into the surroundings up to 8 metres away. This superb GSM bug unit delivers simply fantastic audio quality. In such a compact enclosure.
Exceptional Battery Saving Technology
The limiting factor with most small stand-alone surveillance devices is the battery life. The GSM Black Box has exceptionally compact dimensions, but still manages to function for an impressive period of time. The internal lithium ion rechargeable battery pack will give a combination of up to 8 days standby time and up to 8 hours listening-in time (optimum conditions).
Discreetly Deploy Out of Sight
This upgraded unit has quad-band capability which means that it can be used in every country worldwide.
The unit is best deployed in a position where it can pick up sounds in the environment where it has been placed. If placed in a room then a surface above head height would be ideal where it would be less likely to be discovered (possibly on top of a cupboard or curtain pelmet). If hidden inside a vehicle then a good position maybe secured under one of the front seats where the device would still pick up on sounds inside the vehicle, but remain out of sight. In an office environment there are many possibilities. place with a collection of other items on top of your desk or maybe hide in a file or folder, on a shelf, on top of cabinets or even in a drawer (will reduce sound pick up quality slightly).
Rechargeable Battery or Mains Power
The unit’s internal lithium battery can be recharged using the supplied USB lead for later stand-alone deployment or it maybe possible in some circumstances to leave the charge lead connected to the GSM Black Box for longer deployment as long as the mains power supply remains on. Should the mains power supply get switched off, then the listening device will then revert to taking power for the internal battery, that would then have a full charge. The device has an internal switch so the battery can be charged and the unit remain switched off until deployment.
Who Uses This Product?
Feedback from customers shows that using audio surveillance with such a device like the GSM Black Box can give peace of mind. Some need to feel more assured about your children’s safety, an elderly relative or want to use the device as an aid to gathering intelligence or evidence in relation to bullying or other illegal or inappropriate activity, which this product can assist in achieving their aim.
NB: THIS PRODUCT USES 2G GSM MOBILE PHONE NETWORK, WHICH HAS NOW BEEN SWITCHED OFF IN USA.
- Superb compact battery powered GSM listening device built into a black box enclosure
- Call this listening device from any mobile phone or landline – unit will auto-answer
- outstandingly crisp audio quality – microphone has adjustable sensitivity that can even be controlled remotely (by SMS message)
- Totally silent operation – auto answers without any alerts (lights or noise)
- Internal switch – charge and save battery charge before deployment
- Simple to use ‘plug and go’ technology – No specialist technical knowledge required
- Internal Lithium Ion rechargeable battery (600mAh) – charger supplied
- Up to 8 days standby time – Up to 8 hours listening-in time (battery life maximises after 3 to 4 full charge/discharges)
- Can be deployed plugged into a live mains power outlet for a more permanent solution
- Quad-band operation – accepts any GSM network SIM (850, 900, 1800 or 1900MHz) covering all countries worldwide
- Designed to work with any SIM card (standard size) – Vodafone SIM with credit available on drop-down menu
- Unit dimensions: 45 mm x 30 mm x 15 mm – extremely lightweight
- Includes USB charging lead and USB to mains power adapter and a full set of instructions
- Perfect standalone listening bug suited for deployment inside a vehicle or out of site in a room environment
Would the GSM Black Box still pick up sounds if it was on top of a cupboard or underneath a low settee?
As long as the device is in the airspace of the environment where conversation is taking place and the microphone holes are not covered, then it will pick up on these voices (within the sensitivity range)
If the battery expires during use, will the unit make any sounds to indicate that the battery is about to go?
The unit is totally covert. The unit will give no visual or audible indication of the battery’s expiration.
Will this device work outside the UK?
This listening unit has a quad-band modem and therefore will work anywhere around the world on the GSM networks 850, 900, 1800 and 1900MHz bands.
Will this unit take any GSM SIM card?
These units have been designed to accept micro size SIM cards from any network, although of course it has been impossible to test every network SIM provider around the world.
If I left this on a desk, would it be obvious what it was?
Although the device is not immediately a giveaway, a simple examination by somebody with basic common sense would reveal that it was more than a plain black box. It is best to place it in a position out of immediate view.
Can I call the unit from any phone (mobile or landline phone)?
Yes, the unit will accept calls from both types, but to make use of the voice activation facility only a mobile phone can be used.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- You will need a working mobile phone to enable you to listen in to the bug and control its features.
- This unit can take permanent power from the mains and remain switched on ready to use.
- The device does not require credit on the SIM card to receive the call, however it is worth noting that if using a Pay-as-you-go SIM then after a period of time the SIM supplier may cut off the SIM card from the network.
- Just like any mobile phone the GSM Black Box can lose network signal from time to time, especially when deployed inside a moving vehicle that is travelling through varying signal strength areas.