Mini Black Box Security CameraProduct Code MIN8
The Mini Black Box Security Camera is a self-contained 720p high definition CCTV security camera with extra wide angle lens, infrared night-vision and incredible battery life (optional mains power) all neatly packed into a sleek black enclosure, ideal for quick and discreet room surveillance deployment.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Mini Black Box Security Camera then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery OptionsFree Delivery
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£18 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£12 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
£21 - UK Saturday Express (before 09.00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£15 - Europe Zone 1 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£21 - Europe Zone 2 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£26 - Europe Zone 3 ( Express - 2 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£27 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£31 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 4 working days )
USA & Canada£18 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 2 working days )
£ 150.00 Incl. VAT£ 125.00 Excl. VAT
There are situations where a simple to deploy self-contained discreet battery powered CCTV camera would prove to be a distinct advantage especially where night vision is also a definite requirement. We think that the Mini Black Box Security Camera is certainly one to consider for this type of scenario.
High Definition Cam – Totally Portable Solution
This small CCTV device combines a 720p high definition extra wide angled view micro-sized camera together with a high capacity micro SD card DVR that is all built into a black plastic enclosure which is small enough to easily fit in the palm of your hand. What really sets this spy camera unit apart from other black box battery powered solutions is the fact that the unit has a small, but effective PIR trigger. The PIR detects heat/movement up to 5 metres away as opposed to a standard through-the-lens monitoring system and as such in between recording situations this means that only the PIR is kept powered rather than the entire camera system. This enables the rechargeable battery to be conserved with such efficiency that the system can essentially remain powered from the battery for up to an incredible 30 days (24 hours if set to straight record). And if this is not sufficient, then there is the option to permanently power the device from the mains supply.
Extra Wide Angle Lens – Time and Date Stamping
If you are concerned that a standard pinhole camera will not capture the environment that you wish to monitor then the extra super-wide 160 degree camera capture area will certainly satisfy your requirements, this being more than double what you would expect from the average pinhole unit. Time and date can easily be set through the setup widget and appears on the recorded video so that any footage required for evidential purposes will comply with necessary requirements.
Auto-switching Night Vision – Versatile Settings
This portable spy camera system records colour high definition video (with audio), but also will switch to black/white footage when recording in very low light situations. In fact it can actually record in total darkness if required. The product has a micro SD card recording DVR system that will take cards up to a 64GB. A 64GB card can provide storage of up to 64 hours of recorded video footage in low grade video setting and 16 hours in HD mode. The unit has various recording modes and many other features that can be changed to your exact requirements using a customisable setup menu system which permits the programming of the unit to work in the way that meets your specifications. Once set up this way, then each deployment is simply a matter of charge – switch on – deploy – walk away. It really is that easy.
Motion Activation / Loop / Schedule Recording Modes
Choose between motion activation, scheduled recording, recording in reaction to vibrations, sound activated recording or continuous record modes and if required you can set up triggers from an external source such as a pressure sensor or window sensor. Select the maximum time for each file to 10, 15 and 20 minutes in length or alternatively set for looped recording a setting that is perfect when using a small capacity SD card that would potentially be filled before the battery needs a recharge or when connected to permanent power and footage only needs to be viewed when an incident has occurred, at which point it is necessary to review recent footage.
Various Deployment Possibilities – Simple to Playback Footage
The product is designed for use internally for surveillance of a room at home, a storage cupboard, in the office or maybe placed in a vehicle or caravan. Place on a shelf, a desk or maybe on the dashboard or back parcel shelf in a car to record incidents surrounding the vehicle whilst you are away. Video recordings are stored in AVI format which is a very commonplace format used by most computers. Playback of recorded video and audio through a computer requires no specialist software, but instead uses a format that is compatible with pretty much every standard built-in media player on both Mac and Windows computers.
To cater for different needs we have added some optional extras to help you get up and going and to make the most out of this mini security cam. Select from the package options drop-down menu for either 32 or 64GB Sandisk high quality micro SD cards and/or an 2600mAh external rechargeable battery pack that will more double deployment times in a stand-alone (battery power only) situation.
- Compact standalone black box CCTV security camera with built in SD recording system for versatile deployment scenarios
- 160Âº extra-wide angle view lens providing excellent field of view
- Simple to use – â€˜plug and playâ€™ technology with no specialist knowledge required
- Program it to work to your needs – fully customisable downloadable widget with menu to select the features that you require
- Different recording modes: motion activated / scheduled / vibration activated / sound activated – also loop recording (if required) and external trigger input possibilities
- In-built heat sensing PIR for efficient battery-saving motion activation ability
- Built in light sensor with auto-switching between day and night video recording
- Incorporated infrared capability – perfect for recording in low or no light situations
- Selectable recording video resolution: Real time @ 1280 x 720 (HD) or 640 x 320
- Standby time of up to 30 days (diminishes dependant in recordings made and mode selected) – actual straight record time of 24 hours from fully charged battery
- Power from mains supply or optional external rechargeable battery pack available – see drop-down package options menu
- Recording to micro SD card – Maximum of 128GB – No SD Card supplied as standard (SD Card Upgrade available)
- Recording file sizes: 4GB per hour of footage (HD mode) – 1GB per hour of footage (Standard mode)
- Variable file recording times: choose from 10, 15 or 20 minutes gapless split time – if one file is corrupted, not all recording is affected
- All video recordings stored as AVI format – commonly used format playable on most computer media operating systems
- Flip video recording aspect 180 degrees – ideal to suit differing deployment scenarios
- Switch On/Off certain features: loop recording / time/date stamp / LED indicator (on/Off) / microphone (sound recording)
- Lightweight product with dimensions only 110 x 60 x 20mm
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10 as well as Mac OS X
- Supplied with USB cable, mains charger/power cable and user guide (sent by email)
- Use at home, in the office, workshop, holiday home or even left in a vehicle on dash or parcel shelf, set to record on vibration sensor
Where are the PIR and microphone located on the unit?
The camera, microphone, light sensor and PIR are all located on the front vertical face of the device.
How do I change the settings and how easy is it?
The device can be connected to a web-connected computer and the settings adjusted via a specialist menu system after downloading a widget. It is simple to do and the setup is childâ€™s play.
Is the video that is recorded clear enough to be able to recognise faces?
Absolutely. The footage recorded is classified as high definition (when in HD mode) and it is very easy to identify people on the footage. And at night the camera auto-switches to black and white lit by infrared
Is this product supplied with any SD card?
No we sell the unit as standard without SD card although we do offer a 32GB, 64GB or 128GB high bit-rate microSD card as an optional upgrade (see drop-down menu)
What is the maximum amount of video I can record before I have to change the SD card?
The system will accept an SD card up to 128GB, which will provide enough memory for up to 128 hours of actual recorded video footage (with audio) in standard mode and 32 hours in HD mode.
If the camera box is big, wonâ€™t it be easily noticed?
This device really is quite compact and will easily fit in the palm of your hand, so it is easy to place it in situations where it isnâ€™t easily spotted.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- To set up the recording system to your specific bespoke requirements you will need a web-connected computer to download a setup widget to view the settings menu.
- You will need an SD card. No SD card is supplied as standard (we can supply 32GB, 64GB or 128GB card, see package options menu).
- You will need a computer with speakers attached if wishing to playback recordings with the audio on your PC or Laptop.
- You will need a media player on the computer for playback of video / audio files. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK.