Spy Glasses Camera / DVR – HDProduct Code GLA5
These spectacles feature a discreet spy camera and built in DVR producing high definition 1080p quality footage. Simple to operate and suitable for both sexes, these spy glasses are perfect for face to face body worn video surveillance.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Spy Glasses Camera / DVR - HD then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery OptionsFree Delivery
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£18 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£12 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
£21 - UK Saturday Express (before 09.00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£17 - Europe Zone 1 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£24 - Europe Zone 2 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£29 - Europe Zone 3 ( Express - 2 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£31 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£36 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 4 working days )
USA & Canada£20 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 2 working days )
£ 174.00 Incl. VAT£ 145.00 Excl. VAT
The Spy Glasses Camera with built in DVR are designed to be worn to capture video footage of the subject matter in 1080p high definition. The spectacles design is lightweight and of a modern style that can be worn by both male and female users.
When conducting video surveillance on-the-move the ideal spy tool is something that can be completely discreetly worn on the person and can operate ‘hands-free’. To achieve this the camera system needs to be incorporated into an everyday item. This is where the Spy Glasses Camera system scores very highly because the pinhole camera will always be pointed toward where the wearer is looking.
More About Our Spy Glasses Camera / DVR – HD
The glasses are fairly lightweight and although they are of a heavier framed design, they still are very discreet. The high definition spy camera is located in the centre of the nose bridge facing forwards. The DVR has a 8GB internal memory built into the arms and the device also records audio in conjunction with the HD video footage.
The body worn spy camera system is very easy to use, so getting video recording started is a matter of using a single switch to start/stop, set video recording or taking a still photo. The device has an inbuilt rechargeable lithium battery that can be recharged from a USB connection.
The glasses are supplied with a glass cleaning cloth and USB charging cable which can also be used to transfer the files onto a computer and a USB mains charger plug. A straight recording time of up to 75 minutes is achievable after a full battery charge. The standard Spy Glasses unit has an inbuilt 8GB storage capacity, but now there is an optional 32GB memory upgrade available which means there is less need to offload video footage as often (select upgrade from dropdown menu).
Although the glasses cannot record video in total darkness, low light recording is achievable and with a 65º angled lens the camera is able to achieve a reasonably wide view. The glass lenses are clear with no magnification, however these lenses can be changed to prescription lenses by the user if desired (It is in this case best seek advice from an independent optician).
Compatibility of the Camera Glasses
The system is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems and no specialist software is required to play the video files. Recordings are stored on the internal memory in commonly used AVI format with time and date stamping on the video footage which is ideal for evidential purposes. Still photos may also be captured easily and these are stored in standard Jpeg format.
This unit is ideal for Mystery Shoppers and Private Investigators or anyone who needs a body worn surveillance solution that is perfectly designed for face to face covert video recording.
- Unisex glasses with inbuilt spy camera and recording system
- Very discreet ‘no hole’ camera design and slimline glasses frame
- Changeable polarized glass lenses – fit with prescription lenses if required
- Simple to use – ‘plug and play’ technology
- Designed to take HD video with audio and still images
- Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 30 fps
- Photo Resolution: 2560 x 1920 Pixels
- Camera Sensor: 5 Megapixels CMOS
- Field of view angle (video/photographing) 65 degrees wide
- Video / Audio Codec: Video: MPEG Audio: PCM
- Video / Photo File Format: Video:AVI , Photo: JPEG
- Battery: Lithium 260mAh – providing up to 75 minutes use after full charge
- Internal Storage: Standard flash memory is 8GB – Upgradable to 32GB if required (cost option)
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Supplied in carry case with USB Charge/offload lead, UK mains adapter, lens cloth and instructions
- ideal for use by Mystery Shoppers and Private Detectives
Can these be fitted with prescription lenses instead of the standard clear lenses?
Yes, it is possible to fit prescription lenses, although it may be best to get these professionally fitted.
Has the device got motion detection facility?
No, this unit can only be activated manually for both taking video and snapping still images.
Can the Spy Glasses Camera record just audio?
No, it is specifically for video (with audio) and still image taking. If you want a pure audio recording device then please see our Voice Recorders section.
How do I know if the subject that I am recording is in view?
The camera lens used, although only a pinhole, has a fairly wide angle lens which means that simply facing the subject will enable you to capture within the frame.
Is the footage taken by the camera good enough to identify somebody?
Absolutely, the imagery is very clear and easily good enough to identify somebody when they are near to the camera when the footage was obtained. This is high definition footage.
I have seen cameras before claiming to be HD. Is this for real or just upscaled lower quality imagery?
The video footage is not upscaled on this device. The video on this unit plays back in clear HD format.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- The recording capacity may vary if photographs have also been taken and battery recording times will vary due to temperature and the frequency of use.
- You will need access to a computer with a USB port and speakers in order to connect the Spy Glasses to offload and playback recordings from the DVR internal memory.
- This device has an internal flash memory and does not use SD cards to storage media files.
- You will need a media player on the computer for playback of video / audio files. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK.