Spy Glasses Camera / DVR – HDProduct Code GLA5
These spectacles feature a discreet spy camera and built-in DVR, to produce high definition, 1080p footage. Part of our extensive body worn spy camera range, these spy glasses are simple to operate, suitable for both sexes and are completely discreet.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Spy Glasses Camera / DVR - HD then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery Options£2.75 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£7.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£26 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£16 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£25 - Europe Zone (1 to 2 working days )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£32 - Europe Zone 2 (1 to 3 working days )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£38 - Europe Zone 3 (1 to 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£43 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 4 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£48 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 5 working days )
USA & Canada£33 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 3 working days )
£ 180.00 Incl. VAT£ 150.00 Excl. VAT
The camera glasses’ comfortable, modern frame and advanced recording capabilities make them the perfect body worn surveillance solution.
When conducting video surveillance on-the-move the ideal spy tool is something that can be completely discreetly worn on the person and can operate ‘hands-free’. To achieve this, the camera system needs to be incorporated into an everyday item. This is where the Spy Glasses Camera system scores very highly; not only is the hidden camera practically undetectable, but it will also always be pointed in the direction the wearer is looking, capturing the best footage completely under-the-radar.
Key Features Of The Spy Glasses Camera / DVR HD
Here’s what you can expect from these newly updated spy camera glasses:
- Lightweight, discreet design
- High definition CMOS spy camera, with 80º angled lens, located in the centre of the nose bridge, facing forwards
- No obvious camera lens or hole
- The inbuilt DVR system will store video imagery onto an installed micro SD memory card, incorporated in the arm of the glasses
- Audio footage captured at the same time as HD video footage
- Each battery arm can provide up to 75 minutes of recording time
- Not supplied with a memory card, but the device will accept any standard micro SD card up to 32GB (available above)
- Low light recording achievable
- Clear glasses lenses with no magnification. For anyone with visual impairment, we recommend wearing contact lenses whilst wearing the glasses.
- Glass cloth and USB charging cable supplied with the spy glasses
Spy Glasses Camera – Ease Of Use
These spy camera glasses are very easy to use, with no specialist technical knowledge required. To start or stop video recording, the wearer will simply need to touch the outside of the left arm in a particular spot. A discreet short buzz can be felt (one for start, two for stop) to confirm the mode.
The right arm of the glasses have an inbuilt rechargeable 280mAh lithium battery. Two battery arms are supplied and these can quickly and easily be swapped over, effectively doubling the deployment time. Battery charge time is approximately 80 minutes.
When Might You Use Spy Glasses?
Due to the lightweight, portable and inconspicuous design of these spy camera glasses, they can be worn in almost any situation where on-the-go recording is required. In the past, we have seen customers use them for the following:
- To record meetings and lectures
- To capture evidence in criminal investigations
- To record harassment or bullying
- To capture footage whilst travelling
You might also be interested in our Spy Camera Sunglasses or our more advanced, professional grade camera glasses. If you have any questions about any of our body worn spy products, get in touch with our team today.
- Unisex glasses with inbuilt spy camera and recording system
- Very discreet ‘no hole’ camera design and slimline glasses frame
- Changeable polarized glass lenses – fit with prescription lenses if required
- Simple to use – touch to start and stop (no button)
- Designed to record HD video with audio – ideal for face to face scenarios
- High Definition video resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 30 fps
- Camera Sensor: 2 Megapixels CMOS Lens
- Field of view angle (video/photographing) 80 degrees wide
- Battery: Lithium 280mAh – providing up to 75 minutes use after full charge
- Removable battery arm – 2 x Arms supplied (total of 150 minutes usage)
- Battery arm charge time – 80 minutes per arm
- Internal Storage: Uses standard micro SD memory cards – 32GB card available as a cost option
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Supplied in carry case with USB charge dock and lead, two battery arms, lens cloth and instructions
- ideal for use by Mystery Shoppers and Private Detectives or for general face to face meetings
Can these be fitted with prescription lenses instead of the standard clear lenses?
It is not something that we recommend, only because the frame may crack during the process. It would be advisable to get a professional opinion from an independent opticians. Alternatively if the user can wear contact lenses, the original clear lenses would not be an issue.
Has the device got motion detection facility?
No, this unit can only be activated manually using touch sensitive control panel located in the left spectacle arm.
Can the Spy Glasses Camera record just audio?
No, these are designed specifically for video (with audio). If you want a pure audio recording device then please see our Voice Recorders section.
How do I know if the subject that I am recording is in view?
The camera lens used, although only a pinhole, has a very wide angle lens (80º), which means that simply facing the subject will enable you to capture within the frame.
Can I swap the battery over when one runs out?
Yes, albeit you would have to remove the glasses from your head and remove the expeired battery arm and of course restart the recording of video.
Is the footage taken by the camera good enough to identify somebody?
Absolutely, the imagery is very clear and easily good enough to identify somebody when they are near to the camera when the footage was obtained. This is high definition footage.
I have seen cameras before claiming to be HD. Is this for real or just upscaled lower quality imagery?
The video footage is not upscaled on this device. The video on this unit plays back in clear 1080 HD format.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- The recording capacity will be dependant upon size of SD card used and battery recording times will vary due to temperature and the frequency of use.
- You will need access to a computer with a USB port and speakers in order to connect the Spy Glasses to offload and playback recordings from the DVR internal memory.
- This device has a micro SD memory card slot concealed in one of the glasses arms. No card is supplied as standard, but a 32GB upgrade is available as a cost option.
- You will need a media player on the computer for playback of video / audio files. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK.