Double Plug Adapter Voice Recorder (Time-Date)Product Code DAVR
Now With Time/Date Stamp – This is a fully functioning mains powered double plug adapter with in-built sound-activated recording system. Powered from the mains this product is the perfect long term audio surveillance at home or in the office.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Double Plug Adapter Voice Recorder (Time-Date) then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery OptionsFree Delivery
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£7.00 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£20 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£14 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£23 - Europe Zone (1 to 2 working days )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£30 - Europe Zone 2 (1 to 3 working days )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£36 - Europe Zone 3 (1 to 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£41 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 4 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£46 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 5 working days )
USA & Canada£27 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 3 working days )
£ 238.80 Incl. VAT£ 199.00 Excl. VAT
This is a UK style mains powered double plug adapter with a built-in sound-activated voice recording system that is completely concealed. This voice recorder is the perfect long term audio surveillance solution for home, office, workshop or maybe a caravan.
Fully Functional Powering Other Connected Devices
The mains double plug adapter retains its normal functionality and as such can power two UK mains-powered electrical devices that are plugged into it, whilst at the same time undertake covert audio recording of the environment in which it has been placed. The bugging device has no internal battery back up for recording, so when it is not plugged into a ‘live’ mains socket, the recording feature and of course any connected electrical devices will be switched off.
Voice Activated Recording – Large Storage Capacity
The voice recorder device is internally fitted with a micro SD card recording system that will take up to a 32GB micro SD card (see package options menu). The recording system is completely hidden within the unit. Starting recording is simply a matter of plugging the double adapter into a ‘live’ mains socket. Recording will commence in response to sound in the environment in which it is placed, so when there is no sound in the environment, the recording will stop and store the last recorded file onto the micro SD card within.
The microphone has an excellent sensitivity, giving around a 7 metre radius audio pick up of normal speech. The recording system gives no indication either visually or audibly that recording is taking place and is therefore completely discreet. The recording software will record up to 999 separate files which could mean in an environment where there are short regular bursts of noise, the number of files will be used up before the memory capacity has been used.
Simple To Remove Storage Card – Time/Date Feature
To change the micro SD card the body of the adapter needs to be opened up (unscrewed) when it is unplugged from the mains supply. This is a very simple operation and can be undertaken by even a complete novice with the correct screwdriver. Some of our customers have two micro SD cards so that they can take one card away and listening back to the recordings whilst the second is in the double adapter deployed and ready to record again, thereby reducing ‘downtime to a minimum. This new updated version now has a time and date reference feature for the recorded files, which when set mens that each recorded file has a time/date stamp, making it easier to identify when certain recorded events actually took place.
Easily Playback Files on Windows or Mac Computer
When listening back to recordings, the micro SD card in the unit will need to be removed and placed in an SD card reader (a reader is supplied). Most modern computers have an SD card reader built in so recordings can easily be played back on the connected computers media player. It is a good idea to ensure that the computer has a good set of speakers for ease of listening. No special software is required with this effective and affordable listening device and the recordings produced would suit playback on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Suits Longterm Deployment Situations
Many audio recording devices are limited by their appearance and the fact they are powered by batteries that often need a recharge between deployments. Because of its appearance and usability the Double Adapter Voice Recorder easily lends itself to longterm deployment opportunities in many varied environments.
- Fully functional UK double adapter plug (will power other devices plugged into it)
- Very clever build ensuring that externally there really is nothing that will cause suspicion
- Totally discreet operation – no sounds, no lights
- Recording time only limited by the size of SD card or amount of files recorded
- Excellent quality of sound recording – easily make out what has been said
- Microphone pick up range of approximately 6 to 7 metres
- Internal SD card recording system – maximum 32GB card (up to 999 individual files)
- New version now has time and date reference on recorded files
- Supplied with 16GB micro SD Card as standard (upgrade is selectable from menu)
- Each sound activated recording is saved on a separate file
- Sound activated recording system provides and intelligent operation meaning no recordings where there is no sound
- Effective and very simple to use – ‘plug and play’ operation
- Play back recordings on a Windows or Mac computer – no special software is required. Recordings are in .WAV format
- Save and store files on computer, CD or maybe even email them if required
- A micro SD to USB card reader is supplied to make transfer to you computer fuss free
Will this work when unplugged from the Mains power supply?
No, It has to be plugged into the wall to record. (If you want this functionality, see Double Adapter Voice Recorder (Battery-Powered)
Does the recorder make any sound or indication that it is anything other than a standard Double Adapter?
No, the device is completely discrete in operation and looks exactly like any standard unit.
Do the recordings have a time and date stamp?
Yes, there is now a time and date feature which means that each recorded file has a time/date stamp, but this requires setup on a Windows computer.
How can the recordings be played back and listened to?
The Double Adapter has two screws that hold the device together as one unit. When these are unscrewed the plug then splits into two parts and this gives access to the micro SD card. This can be popped out, connected to a computer via SD card reader and the recordings can then be transferred / played back on the computer through the media player.
Can the voice activation facility be turned off?
No, the device is designed as standard to have voice (sound) activation. It always will be set to this mode.
How many hours of recorded audio will I be able to get on an SD card?
The unit as standard is supplied with a 16GB SD card. This has capacity for up to 72 hours of recorded audio. The device will accept cards up to 32GB. A card of this maximum size will store up to 576 hours of recorded audio.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- You will need a suitable screwdriver (Phillips style is preferable) to open up the device giving access to the micro SD card within.
- The product requires a suitable powered mains outlet to power the product.
- the time/date feature relies on a small internal battery that needs charging every 2 to 3 months
- You will need a computer with speakers attached if wishing to playback recordings through your PC or Laptop.
- You will require media player on the computer for playback of audio files. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK.
- It maybe worth having another micro SD card as a direct replacement inside the device (other than one supplied) for a swift turnaround thereby reducing operational downtime.
- Generally 1GB of recording memory will give up to 18 hours of recording, so a 32GB SD card will store up to 576 hours of recordings.