Mains Socket Voice RecorderProduct Code MSV2
Made by Spy Equipment UK – The Wall Socket Voice Recorder is part of our latest generation of covert voice recording solutions made in the UK by the Spy Equipment UK team. A battery powered long-term, discreet solution for audio recording devices in the home or office.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Mains Socket Voice Recorder then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery OptionsFree Delivery
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£18 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£12 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
£21 - UK Saturday Express (before 09.00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£17 - Europe Zone 1 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£24 - Europe Zone 2 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£29 - Europe Zone 3 ( Express - 2 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£31 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£36 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 4 working days )
USA & Canada£20 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 2 working days )
£ 165.00 Incl. VAT£ 165.00 Excl. VAT
Wall socket power outlets can be found in virtually every room in every house or office and this makes them the perfect everyday item in which to build in an audio recorder without attracting any unwanted attention. The Mains Socket Voice Recorder has been designed with this in mind.
Standard Look Double Wall Power Outlet
Although this product looks like any common double mains wall socket, in fact it conceals a very high quality sound recording system that is very simple to use once the socket has been installed. The flash memory recording system works independently of the mains socket system and therefore both mains sockets can be used to power devices in the normal manner.
Designed to be Discreet
Once installed in a wall-mounted flush position, there are no external signs on the face, sides or top lip that the double socket is anything unusual. This is because the charging port and pin-operated switch are located on the bottom lip of the recording device, facing the floor/carpet, and therefore not in view under normal circumstances. After installation the battery and recording circuitry will be concealed within the wall cavity behind the socket face.
Large Memory Capacity – Sensitive Microphone
The recording capacity of this system is in excess of 288 hours and the battery that has been incorporated after a full charge will give up to 75 days standby time and 76 hours of actual recording time. The system is sound activated, which ensures recording will only take place when there is noise in the surrounding environment. Charging of the battery is achieved using USB lead with mains adapter that are supplied. The microphone is very sensitive and can pick up sounds up to 10 metres away.
Time and Date Referencing
Each recorded file has a time and date reference, which makes it easier to identify circumstances when listening back to recordings. Recordings can be downloaded onto a Laptop when connected using the supplied USB lead. Recordings can then be stored and played back on the Laptop in the normal manner, without the need of any specialist software (computer just needs a media player).
For When Adding to an Environment is Not Possible
Quite often it is possible to introduce an item into a room environment without causing any suspicion, but where this is not an option, an existing feature with recording functionality can be the only solution to achieve covert recording. This is where the Mains Socket Voice Recorder comes into its own, blending in with ease. This product is compatible with All Windows and Mac computer systems.
- Incredibly discreet long term recording solution for home, office or workshop
- Mains power double wall socket with full functionality maintained
- Voice (sound) activation as standard – no wasted memory space with no audio
- Very high quality audio recording capability with auto level control
- Records at MP3 format at rate of 64Kbps
- Time and date reference for each recorded file
- Incredible standby time of over 76 days (that’s 2.5 months!)
- Impressive recording mode battery life of up to 72 hours
- Audio recording memory capacity of 288 hours (8GB)
- Sensitive microphone with up to 10 metre (33 feet) sound pick up radius
- In-built lithium battery – Charge time of 4 hours
- Compatible with Windows and Mac computers – No special software required
- Programming time/date function can only be done on a Windows machine
- Perfect for long term room surveillance in a building where there are double wall sockets
Will the normal power outlet sockets still work?
Yes, the mains power functionality has been completely preserved and the recording system is separately powered from a lithium battery.
How long will the device record for?
The device can remain in standby for up to 75 days, although rather like a mobile phone has call time and standby time, when the unit records it uses more power, so it will depend on how much per day the unit records.
Is the device silent in operation?
Yes, the device is digital and there are no moving parts or sound alerts that would alert attention.
Do the recordings have a time and date stamp?
Yes, the time and date is referenced on each separate audio file.
How is the device switched on and off?
There is a small pin-size hole in the bottom edge of the socket, which is only visible if viewing upwards from underneath. By using the supplied pin, the unit can be switched on and off.
If the battery runs out before the device is switched off, will the recorded files still remain stored?
Yes, the memory will save the recordings onto the internal flash memory and these audio files can only be deleted manually when the device is connected to a computer.
How do I retrieve the files from the internal memory?
The files can be retrieved by connecting the supplied charging cable to a PC (preferably a Laptop or Tablet with a USB port). The memory of the Mains Socket Recorder acts like a flash memory, so files are easy to offload.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- This device does not draw power from the mains supply for the recording operation, but instead power is supplied by a battery fitted on the back of the socket. The device can be charged by plugging the magnetic USB lead onto the bottom of the socket and plugging into itself using the supplied USB to mains adapter.
- To offload audio from the recorder memory it is best to use a laptop or tablet with a USB connection to connect ‘on site’ to the wall socket via a USB lead
- You will need a computer with speakers attached if wishing to playback recordings.
- You will require media player on the computer for playback of audio files. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK.