HD Black Box WiFi CameraProduct Code BBWF
The Black Box WiFi Camera is a versatile self-contained remote monitoring and recording spy camera solution where ‘live’ viewing is high on the agenda as well as having the convenience to watch on your Smartphone whilst you are on the move. Simple ‘plug and play technology for everyday use.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about HD Black Box WiFi Camera then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery Options£2.75 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£7.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£26 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£16 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£25 - Europe Zone (1 to 2 working days )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£32 - Europe Zone 2 (1 to 3 working days )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£38 - Europe Zone 3 (1 to 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£43 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 4 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£48 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 5 working days )
USA & Canada£33 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 3 working days )
£ 178.80 Incl. VAT£ 149.00 Excl. VAT
Whilst it is beneficial having WiFi cameras disguised as everyday items it is always ideal to have a versatile unit that can be deployed in a variety of circumstances and whose concealment can be determined dependant upon the environment in which it to be placed.
Simple To Use – No Expert Knowledge Required
Mention WiFi cameras to the general public and you will find that the majority will consider that this type of technology is way beyond their technical knowhow. The HD Black Box WiFi Camera is different. It is simply child’s play to get working even for the most technically challenged. No computer is required, no connection cable is involved and there is no special configuration needed. Simply download the free monitoring app on your smartphone and input the WiFi username and password to get the camera system up and running.
Android and iOS Compatible – Optional Battery or Mains Power
This WiFi camera works with both Android and Apple operating systems, so after downloading the provided application, remote monitoring can be achieved using any Android phone or tablet, iPhone or iPad so for the majority of customers there will be no need to purchase any special hardware. The Black Box WiFi Camera has an inbuilt rechargeable lithium battery that can provide up to 8 hours of remote monitoring after it has been fully charged. Optionally you can connect an external rechargeable battery pack to extend standalone deployment time (see options menu) or eradicate battery issues by connecting the device to a main power outlet (if available where it is deployed).
Monitor and Record in HD – Receive Event Alerts
Whether you wish to keep watch on a vulnerable elderly relative, keep a check on your children, monitor your pets or maybe keep an eye on your valuable property, the Black Box unit has features that make this an easy task. In addition to remote monitoring the unit can record video and audio onto an inserted micro SD card for later review. This device will accept up to a 400GB SD card so there is option for ample video storage. Recordings are made in 720p high definition can be continuous, set to trigger by through the lens motion detection or start when sound is detected. And if you need to be kept informed of when there is movement in a room that you wouldn’t regularly expect, then you can set the device to send out push notifications to your Smartphone or Tablet and subsequently logon to the WiFi camera to see what triggered the alert.
Body Heat Sensing PIR – Nightime Infrared Illumination
This new camera has two additional features that enhance the product offering. There is an inbuilt PIR sensor that detects body heat/movement in front of the camera and triggers the recording operation. This serves to ensure that footage is only recorded when there is geneuine movement in the area of deployment, but also when being used on battery power the camera can remain active fo much longer – pure standby is up to 40 days, albeit with a straight recording battery time is only 8 hours, so actual time is a combination of the these two figures. There is also an autoswitching infrared illuminator that is incorporated into the front face of the camera that illuminates (invisible to the human eye) when conditions darken substantially. The effect is limited, so to enhance further, as an option, we offer an external infrared illuminator that can assist in enhancing imagery capture in low light conditions – see dropdown options menu.
Personal and Evidential Deployment Applications
Optional External Camera for Extremely Discreet Deployment
Although the versatility of a battery powered unit and optional external battery pack can often be enough to enable concealment of the camera into a room, in some circumstances there is no obvious discreet hiding place for the camera. The standard inbuilt spy camera is situated in the vertical end of the box and with a 140 degree wide angle field of view, it is able to capture an excellent panoramic view of the room in which it has been placed, but if a more discreet deployment is needed, then there is the option of an extended camera (12cm ribbon connector) that allows the main Black Box (main box containing PCB’s and internal battery) to be completely hidden away whilst the tiny extended camera with 90 degree wide angled lens can be placed to view the environment.
Recordings and/or still images captured by the system are time and date stamped which is ideal for evidential purposes. One hour of video footage (1280 x 720) requires approximately 1GB of memory card space, so a 64GB card can store up to 64 hours. Still images take around 250KB of memory capacity. As long as there is accessible WiFi available then deployment opportunities are limited by the imagination. Whether using to watch you home, caravan, holiday home or even your business, the HD Black Box WiFi Camera is certainly one to consider to put you back in control.
- Versatile compact black box self-contained WiFi surveillance camera system
- Remotely watch and listen ‘live’, record and remotely download footage to your Android, iPhone or Tablet device
- Free downloadable apps are readily from Play and Apple App stores
- Powered from inbuilt lithium rechargeable 2800 mAh battery or permanently from mains power supply
- Optional external 4000 mAH (maybe higher) plug in battery pack for increased deplyment time
- Inbuilt PIR body heat sensor – Triggers when necessary to maximise storage and battery potential
- Auto-switching Day/Night Mode – IR light illuminates when lighting conditions deteriorate
- 8 Hours continuous recording battery capability – Up to 40 days body heat PIR standby time
- Wide angled 1080p high definition spy camera – Incredible 140 degree sensor field of view
- Optional extended camera on 12cm ribbon with 90 degree field of view (see dropdown menu)
- Integrated speech grade microphone – Hear and see what is happening
- Two operation modes – AP Mode: Direct connect to Smartphone or Router Mode: Real-time Internet cloud surveillance
- Recording modes – PIR motion detection or continuous (circular recording available)
- Records video to MicroSD card – Maximum of 400GB (see dropdown menu)
- Recording/memory storage rate – 1.8GB per hour of video @1280 x 720p resolution
- Gapless split video – Select to save video in 10 / 15 / 20 minute intervals – reduces instances of file corruption
- Simple to set up plug and play technology – Easy to follow instructions
- Video clip push notifications can be sent from the WiFi camera to your Smartphone or Tablet
- Photo and video recording – Capture stills and video to smartphone
- Time and date stamp on video footage – H.264 Format
- Monitoring and control on smart devices achieved via free downloadable app
- More compact that previous version – Dimensions: 42 x 38 x 38 mm
- Supplied with USB charging/power lead, surface mounts, SD Card USB Adapter and instructions (via email)
- Perfect quick deployment remote spy or discreet CCTV camera monitoring solution for home, office, workshop or caravan
Can other devices transmitting within the same area interfere with the transmissions?
Our WiFi cameras use digital data streaming. This means that no interference will be expected from other systems, but the WiFi network it is using can, as with normal systems, be affected by bandwidth issues that can sometimes impinge on the video / audio produced.
How many devices can monitor the camera at any given time?
The camera can be remotely monitored by up to two smartphone devices at the same time.
What is the cost of running a WiFi spy camera?
There is no directly attributable cost for running a WiFi camera other than the electricity that is needed to power it, however, it is wise to check with your Internet service provider to ensure there are no restrictions on data streaming. If there are restrictions in Internet usage, then costs may be incurred over and above your normal internet usage.
Is the footage produced by the camera clear enough to identify people captured within say 10 metres of the camera?
Absolutely, because the footage produced is high definition 720p, in colour which is defined enough for identification purposes.
Do I need to go into special configuration of Broadband settings or a specialist router to accommodate the WiFi camera onto the network?
No, this WiFi camera system can be considered to be a ‘plug and play’ solution. It is easy to install and set up, with no technical expertise required. And we supply easy to follow user guides and can provide support by telephone.
Can I use the WiFi spy camera worldwide?
Yes, this system can be used outside the UK, however you should be certain to have the correct mains power supply adapter to suit charging of the battery pack.
Can this HD Black Box WiFi Camera be powered purely from the mains supply?
Yes, there is a power lead and UK mains adapter supplied to allow permanent connection to a mains power supply if needed.
Does the camera system also send and record audio alongside video imagery?
Yes, the WiFi black box does have a microphone for audio monitoring and recording. In addition when set in sound activation mode a push notification can be sent in response to sound detected.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- You will need to have an internet-connected Smartphone or Tablet (iPhone or Android) to be able to remotely view and hear what the camera is seeing.
- You will need to download a free application onto your receiving device to enable it to view the WiFi camera
- You MAY need the password to the network on which you wish to install this WiFi camera system for the initial set up procedure.
- The WiFi camera system will NOT work if the WiFI network that it has been connected to is switched off or is inaccessible when remote viewing.