Smoke Alarm CameraProduct Code SMO6
Made by Spy Equipment UK – This commonly available smoke alarm houses a pinhole high definition spy camera, high capacity digital recording system. Automatically record full colour video footage with audio in your absence in total discretion. Perfect for many deployment situations.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Smoke Alarm Camera then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery OptionsFree Delivery
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£18 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£12 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
£21 - UK Saturday Express (before 09.00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£15 - Europe Zone 1 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£21 - Europe Zone 2 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£26 - Europe Zone 3 ( Express - 2 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£27 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£31 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 4 working days )
USA & Canada£18 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 2 working days )
£ 238.80 Incl. VAT£ 199.00 Excl. VAT
Introducing a new item into any environment will almost always draw attention. So when a surveillance camera is added it needs to be built into something that would not attract interest in any way. This Smoke Alarm Camera system has to be one of the most innocent looking solutions to this type of scenario.
High Definition Footage – Large Storage Capability
Although the spy camera in this unit has a very small lens it is still able to capture video footage at a reasonably wide angle and in full colour 720p high definition video. The footage is clear enough to see exactly what is going on and thereby will enable easy identification of those people captured. The DVR system will accept storage up to a capacity of 128GB, providing up to 64 hours of recording storage, ample for the majority of situations.
Two Options for Camera Viewing Position
This spy cam is made by the Spy Equipment UK team. We have created two slightly different versions of this hidden camera, one with the camera horizontal to and looking directly out of the alarm grille and the second where the camera is sited to view at a 45 degree angle out of one of the bevelled edges of the smoke alarm. The first type is ideal when the smoke alarm is to be mounted on a ceiling directly above a table or maybe a cash till. The second type is more useful when the smoke alarm is to be positioned on the ceiling at one side of the room and allows a more panoramic view of the environment. The camera is fixed in position at time of production and cannot be moved between the two, so it is important to choose the right type for your needs. Each camera feeds footage into a digital video recording system that collects recorded footage onto a micro memory SD card.
Motion / Loop / Scheduled Recording Ability
Although programmed at the time of production in through-the-lens motion activation mode, the unit can also be set to scheduled or timer modes if needed. In motion detection the unit will record as soon as something changes within the view of the camera. The reaction time is very quick, so you will be sure not to miss a thing. In scheduled recording mode the operating system can be programmed to only record between certain times that you have specified in the set up. The recording system also has overwrite capability for continuous recording with memory capacities of between 32GB and 128GB as optional upgrade at time of purchase. Overwriting means that as soon as the memory card is full the system will then start recording over the oldest recorded video on the memory card. Time and date can be set and will show on the recorded video footage.
Mains or Battery Powered Options
Smoke alarms are generally installed onto ceiling and as such this often provides opportunity for mains power to be available from the ceiling space. In some situations there is no ceiling mains power available. Here we have catered for either situation in that the Smoke Alarm Camera can be powered from both mains or rechargeable internal battery pack. Although the smoke alarm body can be unclipped from the base fixing plate allowing it to be removed without the need to unscrew the plate from the ceiling, when using battery power only, there may be a need for a quick swap for the battery pack. In view of this we have provided a further option of an additional rechargeable battery pack and external mains charger (see package options dropdown menu). In general after a full charge of the battery pack the unit can be powered for up to 3 days. Of course when connected to the mains power there is no limit to the deployment time as long as the main power remains on.
One common problem experienced by many covert camera systems is the ability to record in very low conditions. The new HD PIR Camera has an auto-switching capability that allows the system to record full colour during normal lighting conditions and then automatically change to monochrome (black and white) footage when the light becomes particularly subdued.
Superbly Versatile – Windows/Mac Compatible
The Smoke Alarm Camera is an excellent versatile spy camera system that is ideal for deployment in various locations around the home, in the office, in a retail environment or in a workshop. With the different camera view, powering and programming options it is certainly worth considering for a variety of circumstances. The programming of the system and playback of video is both Windows and Mac compatible.
- Standard Smoke Alarm with HD camera and DVR hidden within outer casing (smoke alarm functionality has been removed)
- High quality 720p HD colour pinhole camera system with 62ΒΊ wide angled lens
- System produced by Spy Equipment UK here in the UK. Very well engineered and totally discreet incorporation in everyday smoke alarm casing
- Video Resolution: 1280x 720p @ 20 Frames per second – Real time and date stamp on video footage
- Will record perfectly in daylight, but has auto-switching to night mode for when the lighting gets very low in the area of deployment (will not work in complete darkness)
- Included as standard 32GB digital memory capacity providing over 16 hours storage for recorded HD video footage (up to 128GB capacity available at extra cost giving 64 hours memory capacity)
- Through-the-lens motion activation system is triggered when there is movement in front of the PIR – gapless split time ( ten minute) recordings – Reduces the incidence of recorded file corruption
- Programmable scheduled recording option – set times between when video recording will take place
- Overwrite function for continuous operation without need for regular video footage offloads from the memory card
- Multiple power options: Mains , rechargeable battery or rechargeable battery with spare changeable rechargeable battery pack
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10 as well as Mac OS X – no specialist software required for playback
- Perfect for deployment at home, in the office, in a retail or workshop environment
Where is the camera located within the device?
The camera is located in one of two positions. Either viewing out of the grille on the smoke alarm fascia or positioned to view at 45 degree angle out of the bevelled edge of the casing..
Does this device record sound?
Yes, there is a microphone within this device. The microphone will be able to clearly record voices within a general 6 metre radius.
Is the video that is recorded clear enough to be able to recognise faces?
Yes, it is very easy to identify people on the footage because imagery is in high definition and reasonably clear footage is also attainable in extremely low low conditions.
Does the device still function as a smoke alarm sensor?
No, the smoke detecting and smoke alarm system has had to be be completely removed to accommodate the camera system.
Is this product supplied with an SD card?
The recording memory of the device is built inside. The unit comes with 32GB as standard although an upgrade to 64GB or 128GB can be selected at time of purchase.
What is the maximum amount of video I can record before I have to offload from the SD card?
The system has three memory choices and can store full 720p HD video with audio of up to 16 hours (32GB), 32 hours (64GB) or 64 hours (128GB) and as the system as standard is set to motion activation, it could take many days to fill the memory up.
How do I fix this to a ceiling or a wall?
The make alarm has a fixing plate as standard as part of the casing although the main body of the smoke alarm can still be unclipped when required.
How will I know if the camera is looking exactly where I want it?
The lens in the unit is a 62ΒΊ wide angle and although this will never completely cover 100% of a room area, it will cover the majority. However it will always be a good idea to record some test footage to be certain that the position is right.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- This product does NOT function as a normal working smoke alarm because the camera and recording system has replaced the standard functionality.
- You will need access to a computer with speakers attached is required if wishing to playback recordings with the audio.
- You will need a media player on the computer for playback of video / audio files. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK.
- This unit is battery powered so it is not essentially to have a mains power outlet where it is placed.