Car Key Voice RecorderProduct CodeKEY1
This is has to be one of the finest portable covert voice recording product available. Built to a very high specification, this superb voice recorder, disguised as a car key is certainly very discreetly designed. A quick deployment, carry-anywhere audio recording device.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Car Key Voice Recorder then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery OptionsFree Delivery
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£18 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£12 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
£21 - UK Saturday Express (before 09.00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£15 - Europe Zone 1 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£21 - Europe Zone 2 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£26 - Europe Zone 3 ( Express - 2 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£27 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£31 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 4 working days )
USA & Canada£18 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 2 working days )
From £143.00 Excl. VAT
Designed for covert recording from concept to production, this Car Key Voice Recorder has an authentic look and feel, manufactured using high quality materials. Even under close examination the key does not really give anything away.
Extremely Discreet Design – Excellent Audio Quality
Any connections (for PC and headphones) are hidden away by the clever design of this product (removal of metal key tang). To complete the disguise the car/motorcycle key could be attached to your existing set of keys and therefore not look out of place. Left unattended in a room, the voice recorder will be able to pick up sounds in a wide radius of at least 8 metres, but equally because of a sophisticated Auto Gain Control (AGC), the unit will be perfect for a close one to one meeting. The audio quality is really quite outstanding considering the compact dimensions of the unit.
A Powerful, Stylish and Discreet Operation
The unit is very easy to use with operations being controlled using the discreetly incorporated button that naturally forms part of the key handle. In a recording situation there are no outwardly exposed lights to give the game away and one press of the button can put the recorder straight into recording mode. There is no option for sound activated recording, but with a straight recording time of 7 hours, there is generally ample capacity to handle most meeting and short-term deployment situations. Of course once in record mode this device can be left in a stand-alone application to obtain discreet audio recordings for later retrieval. Recordings are stored on an internal memory of 4GB giving around 18 hours of total recording storage.
Playback Directly From Device or on Windows PC/Mac
Audio recordings can be played back directly from the device through the supplied earphones. Alternatively files can be transferred to, played back and stored on a your computer via the supplied USB lead. The device software is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems so there will be no need for special software and converting of files seeing as the audio recording are in MP3 format.
Swift Recharging of Internal Battery
Recharging the internal lithium battery normally takes up to 90 minutes when connected to a computer USB, however the battery can be replenished more swiftly if charged from a Mains USB Adapter (not supplied as standard – See Options Menu). It should be noted that Lithium Ion batteries usually become optimised after three to four full charges and discharges. Prior to this battery life will generally be lower.
- Designed very simply to look like the average car or motorcycle key
- Simple to activate – one button push into straight record mode
- High sensitivity integral microphone with on average an 8 metre pick up range
- Discreet LED indicator to indicate start/stop recordings and connection/charge/memory status
- 256kpbs bit rate transfer (high quality MP3 recordings) – excellent audio clarity
- AGC (automatic gain control) adapts to different noise environments
- 7 hours straight manual record time (with optimally charged battery)
- 18 hours total recording capacity (4GB internal memory storage)
- Recordings can easily be played back, stored, archived or emailed
- Fast charging time of approximately 90 minutes or faster with Mains USB Charger Plug (optional)
- Supplied with earphones for playback and USB connection lead as standard
- Connection of earphone or micro USB lead by removing metal key tang
- Compatible with all Windows systems including Vista, 7, 8 and 10
- Also compatible with all Mac OSX systems
- Unit dimensions: 70 x 32 x 10mm – extremely lightweight
Can this recorder still operate in recording mode when on charge?
Unfortunately it is not possible to make recordings on the Car Key Recorder when it is connected to a charge outlet. The device is designed for stand alone operation from its internal battery only.
Is the device silent in operation?
Yes, the device is digital and there are no moving parts or sound alerts that would alert attention.
Will the recorder still record if it is hidden away from view?
Yes, the recorder will still pick up sounds from the environment, although if it is heavily buried out of site, the microphone effectiveness may be reduced. We have tested the product when in a trouser pocket and it still proved VERY effective.
How can the recordings be played back?
Recordings can be played back through supplied earphone or through computer speakers from the device or after the recorded files have been transferred to a PC.
Does the recorder make a sound when the battery runs out?
No sounds are made by the recorder at any time during operation or when the battery expires.
If the battery runs out when it is still deployed in recording mode, will the recordings be saved?
The device will auto save any recording onto the internal memory before the battery goes completely.
You will need to consider the following to use this product:
- Recording times and battery life can be affected by adverse temperate.
- This is not designed to be used as a genuine car/motorcycle key. It only has the appearance of this type of item purely for disguise.
- There is no special password system to restrict access to recorded files on this device.
- You will need a computer with speakers attached if wishing to playback recordings through your PC or Laptop
- You will require media player on the computer for playback of audio files. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK.