Junction Box DVRProduct Code JBO7
Made by Spy Equipment UK – This may look like an everyday industrial junction box, but in fact it cleverly incorporates a high definition spy camera along with with flash memory DVR recording system that is completely enclosed, making it an ideal room surveillance camera system.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Junction Box DVR then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery OptionsFree Delivery
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£18 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£12 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
£21 - UK Saturday Express (before 09.00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£17 - Europe Zone 1 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£24 - Europe Zone 2 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£29 - Europe Zone 3 ( Express - 2 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£31 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£36 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 4 working days )
USA & Canada£20 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 2 working days )
£ 234.00 Incl. VAT£ 195.00 Excl. VAT
Every room surveillance spy camera system requires an everyday object that can be easily added into the environment without arousing suspicion. By fitting a HD camera inside a Junction Box could be the ideal solution to suit your placement needs.
Naturally Discreet Spy Camera System
Junction boxes are a common site particularly in industrial environments, such as workshops and warehouses, but also in offices and other business spaces and because they are designed to house electrical power connections, then as a general rule, they are not interfered with. This means that a dummy unit containing a hidden camera system will invariably go un-noticed and untouched, making them an ideal choice in the right environment.
Motion Detection / Overwrite / Scheduled Recording Options
The unit produces high quality, 720p HD video with audio and time/date stamping on the recorded footage. The camera is sited on the front vertical face viewing through a small hole thereby obtaining a decent view of environment in which it has been placed. By default the product is programmed for through-the-lens motion activated mode, but the unit can be set for scheduled and timed recording if required. There is also programmable overwrite and continuous recording if desired and memory capacities of 32GB as standard or optional 64GB as a paid upgrade at time of purchase.
Powered By Rechargeable Battery
The device is powered by an internal rechargeable high capacity battery that can power the camera system for up to 30 hours after a full charge. There is also an option of a changeable battery pack, that can be charged separately, which helps to ensure that the Junction Box camera is not out of service for very long. The system is set to record files for 10 minutes before starting a fresh one. This ensures that if a file does become corrupt for some reason, then only that file is affected rather than the entire recording deployment period. There is no ‘standby’ break between files. Video recordings are in colour with sound (1280 x 720p screen resolution).
Automatic Day / Night Mode switching
One common problem experienced by many covert camera systems is the ability to record in very low conditions. The new Junction Box Camera has an auto-switching capability that allows the system to record full colour during normal lighting conditions and then automatically change to monochrome (black and white) footage when the light has been reduced. The device cannot video in complete darkness, but this functionality does assist in subdued lighting conditions.
Playback on Both Mac and Windows Computers
Offloading recorded video from the device memory is very easy. Unlock and unclip the front face and then detach the battery pack lead, then plug into a desktop PC or a Mac using the USB lead supplied or connect in-situ the opened device using the USB cable to a laptop computer and then offload the video onto the laptop. Videos are recorded as AVI files, which can easily be played back via Windows Media Player or VLC media player (free download for the Mac.
- Discreet self-contained battery powered spy camera and recording solution
- Incorporated into an common style junction box casing
- Made in the UK. Well engineered covert installation
- Simple to use – ‘plug and play’ technology with no specialist knowledge required
- Set up for motion activated video (with audio) recording as standard
- Video Resolution: 1280x 720p @ 20 Frames per second
- Will record perfectly in daylight, but has auto-switching to night mode for when the lighting gets very dim in the area of deployment
- Excellent quality CMOS pinhole lens – decent wide camera view angle: of 62 degrees
- Time and date stamping on video recordings
- In-built rechargeable 5200 mAh lithium ion battery providing up to 3 days deployment time (after a full battery charge)
- Incorporated as standard 32GB digital memory capacity providing over 16 hours storage for recorded HD video footage (64GB capacity available at extra cost)
- Through-the-lens motion activation system is triggered when there is movement in front of the Junction Box
- Gapless split time ( ten minute) recordings – if one file is corrupted, not all recording is affected
- Charge battery from PC or mains outlet. USB cable and mains adapter supplied
- Optional additional battery and charger for quick-swap of the battery pack – faster redeployment
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10 as well as Mac OS X – no specialist software required for playback
- Perfect for in the office, the workplace or other industrial environment
Is it possible to run the Junction Box DVR from a mains supply?
There is enough room to plug in the mains tu USB power supply. It would be best to run the cable through some trunking to the box to complete the disguise.
Which way does the camera face?
The spy camera is positioned in the front vertical face of the Junction Box.
If somebody took the front off the unit, would they be able to tell that it wasn’t a standard junction box?
To anyone who knows what to expect inside a normal unit it would be obvious that the internals were not normal, but it would not be totally obvious what was installed.
How do I watch back the video recordings?
It is simply a matter of removing the front cover and connecting the unit to a computer via USB lead to play back recorded files.
Does playing back the files require any special software?
No special software is required as such, although some computers may need an updated media player. We recommend a free download of either VLC Media Player which will ensure that there are no problems playing back recordings.
Does this device record sound?
Yes, there is a microphone within this device. The microphone will be able to record voices within a reasonable radius.
Is the video recorded good enough to be able to recognise faces?
Absolutely yes, it is very easy to identify people on the footage as long as there is enough light in the environment that the recording takes place.
You will need the following to use this equipment:
- A computer with speakers attached is required if wishing to playback recordings with the audio on your PC or Laptop
- You will need a media player on the computer for playback of video / audio files. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK
- The unit records approximately 30 minutes of video/audio per Gigabyte of storage.
- You may wish to choose a rechargeable battery pack from the dropdown menu for a quick redeployment of the system