Spy Pod Outdoor Security CameraProduct Code SPYP
The Spy Pod is a self-contained compact and discreet battery powered outdoor spy camera system with built in DVR. Simple to deploy in a variety of situations where discreet day and night outdoor surveillance is required.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Spy Pod Outdoor Security Camera then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery OptionsFree Delivery
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£18 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£12 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
£21 - UK Saturday Express (before 09.00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£15 - Europe Zone 1 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£21 - Europe Zone 2 ( Express - 1 working day )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£26 - Europe Zone 3 ( Express - 2 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£27 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£31 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 4 working days )
USA & Canada£18 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 2 working days )
£ 178.80 Incl. VAT£ 149.00 Excl. VAT
This is a superb all-in-one discreet spy camera and DVR all built into a compact and discreet waterproof housing that is powered by battery ensuring that it can be deployed almost anywhere outdoors to protect both domestic and commercial property.
Add to Building Exterior
Most self-contained outdoor cameras are built into camouflaged enclosures for deployment as hunting/game/trail cameras and although this type of camera can be used in a green/leafy environment to keep watch on property and buildings, there was a distinct lack of simple to deploy self powered systems that could be added to the exterior of a building to gather vital video evidence. With the introduction of the Spy Pod Outdoor Security Camera, this gap has now been filled.
Best Hidden Outdoor Spy Camera
The colour and shape of the Spy Pod allows it to be placed discreetly on the perimeter of a house, out-building such as shed, garage or even barns and other more remote storage units. The spy camera can record in 720p (real time) high definition both during the day and also at night when the ‘No Glow’ LED infrared illuminators (940NM) will automatically come on. The ‘black’ infrared LED’s provide illumination for an area up to 15m in front of the unit. These LED’s illuminators emit an infrared glow at a frequency below the spectrum that can be seen by the human eye. This results in no visible glow from the unit, making it completely discreet although the device is still capable of capturing video/still images when in complete darkness.
Motion Detection Activation
The inbuilt PIR can detect change of temperature/movement in vicinity which will trigger motion activated video recording or photo snapshots. Still images are of high quality (12 megapixels) and both video and stills have time and date stamping enabling use for evidential purposes. With time lapse and motion detection capability as standard and SD card DVR capable of accepting up to 32GB cards, the Spy Pod is the perfect ‘stand alone’ security camera for a variety of outdoor situations.
- Self-contained battery powered discreet security camera for outdoor usage
- Weatherproof plastic black casing for covert deployment in many types of deployment environments (IP66 rated)
- Motions sensor (with heat sensitivity) to activate taking of video and/or still photos
- Passive infrared motion sensor with 20 metre trigger capability. Trigger time: < 1s – 110Âº angle trigger area
- Real time â€˜programmableâ€™ video recording up to (1280 x720 resolution) with audio
- 12 megapixel still image capability producing excellent clarity – programmable for 1 to 10 burst
- Time lapse video setting – 5~600 seconds – Delay time 5s to 60 min (Programmable)
- Video format: Motion JPEG – 1280 x 720 pixels / 30fps (real time) with Audio
- 40 ‘no-glow’ infrared LEDâ€™s making it possible to gather clear imagery when deployed at night (15 metre capability)
- 940NM ‘Black LED’ Illuminators as standard – light frequency that is not visible to human eye
- Powered by 4 x LR14 â€˜Câ€™ size batteries (not supplied) – Standby time: up to 3 months
- Date and time recorded on video and still imagery – perfect for evidential purposes
- Small integral black and white LCD screen for menu setting – Slick programmable operating system
- SD card recording system (maximum 32GB) – none supplied as standard
- Dimensions: approximately 140mm x 70mm in diameter
- Recorded files are compatible with all Windows operating systems – No special software required.
- Supplied with tough mounting strap, bracket mount, USB cable, AV cable and user guide
Is this product available in any other colour?
No, unfortunately at the moment these devices are only manufactured in a black casing designed for discreet deployment in a variety of circumstances.
Is the Spy Pod Outdoor Security Camera completely waterproof?
The device when sealed correctly with be completely weatherproof to IP66 rating, however, we could not guarantee that it would remain watertight if completely immersed in water.
Is the unit provided with anything to attach it to a tree or similar?
A strap is provided to attach the unit to a tree or pole and there is a special mount that screws into the base or back of the unit for attachment to a wall or ceiling/overhang.
Will the Spy Pod record sounds as well as video?
This device is does have facility to record audio when it is capturing video.
How do I playback the recorded video, and view captured still images?
The video/stills files are recorded onto an inserted SD card (full size card) and can be played back and viewed on a computer.
Do I have to connect this device to a computer to program the settings?
No, there is a concealed LCD screen that is accessible via a twist off hatch on the base that allows â€˜on-siteâ€™ programmability.
You will need to consider the following to use this product:
- Although this unit is IP66 rated making it weatherproof, this does not mean that the units is watertight if submerged.
- The device is powered by a minimum of 4 x C size batteries that are NOT supplied with the unit. These are not stocked by Spy Equipment UK, but are available form high street stores and online retailers.
- The device is not supplied with an SD card as standard, although these are available as an optional extra on the product.
- You will require a computer on which to playback recordings from the SD card. This can either be Windows or a Mac.
- You will need a media player on the computer for playback of video. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK.