Portable Battery Pack RecorderProduct Code BATR
This is a portable battery pack voice recorder from our range of listening and recording devices that can not only be used as backup power for phones and other portable devices, but also as a long-term audio recording device, for covert audio surveillance whilst on-the-go.
- Shipping in 24 hours
- Product in stock
Ask a Question
If you've got a question about Portable Battery Pack Recorder then please fill out the form below or call us on 024 7601 0588. Sometimes, but not always, your email maybe be answered outside UK weekday office hours.
All parcels are discretely packaged and addressed with no mention of Spy Equipment UK or Spy branding. All parcels must be signed for and can't be left at a property without a signature. No shipping is required for Software/Subscription Products
UK Delivery Options£2.75 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£6 - UK Standard (Up To 3 Working Days)
£7.50 - UK Special Delivery (Next Working Day - before 13.00 hours)
£26 - UK Express (Next Working Day - before 09.00 hours)
£16 - UK Saturday Delivery (before 13:00 hours)
Europe Zone 1( Express )£25 - Europe Zone (1 to 2 working days )
Europe Zone 2 ( Express )£32 - Europe Zone 2 (1 to 3 working days )
Europe Zone 3 ( Express )£38 - Europe Zone 3 (1 to 3 working days )
Worldwide Zone 1£43 - Worldwide Zone 1 ( 2 - 4 working days )
Worldwide Zone 2£48 - Worldwide Zone 2 ( 3 - 5 working days )
USA & Canada£33 - USA & Canada ( 1 - 3 working days )
£ 162.00 Incl. VAT£ 135.00 Excl. VAT
With battery-powered personal devices on the rise, seeing someone carrying a portable power pack is nothing out of the ordinary. Our portable Battery Pack recorder resembles and functions as a typical battery charging device, but has the added ability to make discreet long-term sound recordings, ideal for evidence gathering.
Simple to Use Voice Recorder – Discreet Operation
Here at Spy Equipment UK we have had constant requests for a discreet, portable and self-contained recording solution with extensive battery life capability, that can be used openly in a variety of situations. These days, many people have battery-powered mobile devices that will often need charging, so having an external battery pack is now commonplace. As a result, the team at Spy Equipment UK have designed an innovative voice recorder disguised as an external power pack, so the user can capture important recordings without raising suspicion. It’s no surprise this high-tech device quickly became one of our top hidden audio recorders. The creation of the Portable Battery Pack Recorder has taken all these factors into account, as well as simplicity of use to make it either a professional or amateur audio surveillance companion for use when on-the-move.
Voice Activation – Large Memory Capacity
When the audio recorder isn’t active, the unit draws very little power from the battery, which means that it can remain powered in standby mode for up to 150 days! However, when the device is actually recording, it takes more power, but is still able to record for nearly 14 days straight before it requires a recharge. Voice activated recording or straight recording can be selected by turning the discreet rotating bezel switch one way or the other on deployment. Other important features of the Portable Battery Charger Recorder include:
- Superb 576 hour (16GB) recording memory.
- Recording will start as soon as the unit is switched to record mode and will only stop when the switch is manually switched to ‘off’ in straight record mode.
- In sound activation mode, a recording will start and will stop each time the device’s microphone picks up a sound and saves the file when there is no noise for at least a minute.
- Memory can record up to recorded 9999 files
- It should be noted that the operating system of course cannot distinguish between a human voice, sound from a TV or anything else in the environment.
Discreet Operation – Time and Date
When activated, the voice recorder does not give any audible indication of secret recording taking place. Although there is a small LED indicator that lights up for up to 5 seconds to let you know that recording has begun, ensuring it is really discreet in operation including other features:
- Very sensitive microphone that can pick up sounds in a 9 metre (29 ft) radius.
- Offloading audio recordings is very easy.
- There is no special software required.
- Sound files can be played back through the computer speakers on connecting the unit to your computer using the supplied USB lead.
- Create a time and date label for each recorded file, so as to identify when a certain recording actually occurred (can only be set up on a Windows PC).
Use as External Power Pack
Not only does the recording device look like a portable battery pack, but it actually can be used as one as well. The unit has an in-built lithium ion 3000mAh battery, meaning it can supply charge to other portable products, such as mobile phones and tablets. When not being used as a recorder, the battery can be used to charge (via USB lead) an external device’s battery. The voice recorder contains a battery switch that will start the external charge process and also a set of LED indicators to show the state of the portable battery charger’s own battery. There is even a detachable slim magnetic strip that may assist securing the device in place in certain circumstances. It should be noted that the unit cannot be used as an external ‘power pack’ when being used to record.
Massive Range of Deployment Opportunities
Owing to its design, this device is the type of item that can be carried by anybody, almost anywhere. Battery charger packs are now so commonplace that one would not look out of place in the home, at the office or particularly whilst on-the-go.
The situations that would suit using a voice recording device are endless. For example, this advanced voice recorder development from Spy Equipment UK can be used to discreetly record meetings, lectures, criminal activity, or you could leave it on the side at home, to monitor what is happening when you are away. The battery life and recording memory combined permit extremely long deployment times and if anybody is in any doubt whatsoever that the portable battery charger is not a genuine object, then simply connect it to your smartphone or tablets to demonstrate its charging capabilities.
If you are looking to purchase a voice recorder and not sure which one is right for you, here are some helpful tips for buying covert audio recorders.
- Powerful audio recorder in style of external power pack
- Perfect for discreet deployment in a wide variety of circumstances
- Voice (sound) activation or straight recording: Easy to choose when switching on
- Very high quality audio recording capability with auto level control
- Records at MP3 format at rate of 64Kbps – Playback without special software
- Time/date reference on each recorded file – set up in two clicks on Windows PC
- Incredible standby time of up to 150 days (when in SVOS voice activation mode)
- Impressive straight recording mode battery life of up to 14 days (autosave files every 5 hours)
- Audio recording memory capacity of 576 hours (16GB) – that’s 24 full days of recording
- Sensitive microphone with up to 9 metre (30 feet) sound pick up radius
- Discreet LED light shows for five seconds when recording is activated
- In-built 3000mAh lithium battery – Charge time of 5 hours using 2A charger (LED indicators showing charge status)
- Slim magnetic strip included – ideally suited keeping the device stable or attaching the device to a static steel object
- Can be used as a portable battery charger for Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices
- Dimensions: 97mm (L) x 27mm (H) x 23mm (D) – weight: 75g
- Compatible with Windows and Mac computers – No special software required
- Programming the time and date function can only be achieved on a Windows computer
- Ideal for very long term room surveillance or a carry with you recorder for meetings and other circumstances
Is the device silent and discreet in operation?
Yes, the device is digital and there are no moving parts or sound alerts that would alert attention in any way.
Are there any lights that would indicate that the device is recording?
When the device is switched into record mode a discreet LED illuminates for up to five seconds, but then goes out and then there is no indication that recording is taking place.
Do the recordings have a time and date stamp?
Yes, this new unit now has the ability to reference each recorded file with a time and date so you will know when something has occurred.
Will the recorder still record if it is hidden away from view?
Yes, the recorder will still pick up sounds from the environment, although if it is heavily buried out of site, the microphone effectiveness may be reduced.
How can the recordings be played back?
Recordings can be played back through computer speakers by plugging into the USB port of a Windows or Mac computer using the supplied connection cable. No special software is needed.
Can the voice activation feature be switched off?
Yes, the unit has the ability to record with both voice (sound) activation and in straight record mode.
Does the device record one big long file with no breaks or does it recorder numerous shorter recording files?
On voice activation the device records a file for the length of time it hears sound. When in straight record mode it records continuously, but breaks up the recordings into five hour sections to reduce incidence of corrupted files.
Can I use as an external battery pack at the same time as making a recording?
No, when being used as a power pack to charge another mobile device, it is not possible to record simultaneously.
You will need to consider the following to use this equipment:
- There is no special password system to restrict access to recorded files.
- It is recommended that lithium batteries are charged and fully discharged from time to time regularly to keep them in optimum operational condition.
- You will need a computer with speakers attached if wishing to playback recordings through your PC or Laptop.
- You will require media player on the computer for playback of audio files. It maybe worthwhile downloading a free media player. We use VLC Media Player at Spy Equipment UK.
- If you want to use the product to power a smartphone, tablet or other device, you will need to use your own USB connection lead as these are not supplied
- We do not sell a wall charging plug as standard. These are a cost optional extra – see dropdown menu