Revealed: The Most Secure Regions & Countries to Live in 2019
It’s reassuring to know that you live in a peaceful neighbourhood and to know you can enjoy the area you live in without facing regular security challenges. At Spy Equipment UK, we pride ourselves on providing the very best spy products as security and surveillance experts that have extensive experience in the industry. In this article, we take a look at what were the most secure areas to live in terms of both country and region, in 2019, while also looking at how the UK came out of the report.
High-Quality Security & Spy Products for Any Region
As an international provider of spy products, we see interest in our spy gear from all over the globe and understand the important role such devices play in capturing evidence and bringing about justice. Whether it is a savvy spy camera with the ability to record crystal clear footage in any environment, or an advanced listening device that gathers crucial audio recording, we provide it all at Spy Equipment UK. With perpetual and emerging dangers cropping up in different parts of the world as we speak, the importance of civilians taking precautionary security measures to ensure their safety holds true.
We recently brought you Eight of the Most Secure Places in the World, an article that focused on most secure buildings and zones in the world at the time. Now, we focus on regions, countries and the UK in terms of peacefulness and security.
The Safest Continents of 2019
The figures relating to the most secure areas to live in 2019 have been compiled by Vision of Humanity and the Institute for Economics and Peace, in their annual Globe Peace Index. According to the report, peacefulness around the entire globe improved for the first time in five years for 2019. However, the world is still less peaceful today than it was ten years ago. Here is an overview of the key findings in relating to peacefulness by region:
- Middle East & North Africa remains the world’s least peaceful region yet it has become a more peaceful region to live throughout 2019.
- Russia & Eurasia is the third least peaceful region to live, however it has seen the biggest shift towards becoming a more serene area to live.
- Central America & the Caribbean sit fifth out of nine regions and has seen the biggest shift towards being a less peaceful region to live.
- North America is the second most peaceful place to live, according to the report, yet has only marginally fared better in 2019 than Central America & the Caribbean.
- Europe is seen as the most tranquil area to reside, having seen improvements in its score in 2019.
The Most Secure Countries to Live in 2019
There aren’t too many unexpected shocks when it comes to announcing which countries claimed the top spots for the most secure and peaceful to live over the last year, with Scandinavian countries once again faring very well. Iceland remains the most peaceful country to live and has topped the charts since 2008, while the second to fifth-placed countries look like this:
- New Zealand
Other key stats relating to individual countries include:
- Bhutan has seen the greatest leap up the records of any country named among the top 20 countries to live for peacefulness. It has risen 43 places in 12 years.
- Afghanistan is the least peaceful country, having replaced Syria this year.
- The other three countries that are deemed the least peaceful countries to live are South Sudan, Yemen and Iraq.
How Did the UK Fare in the Global Peace Index?
Overall, Britain ranked at 45th out of 163 countries in terms of how peaceful a place it was to live in 2019. The key figures and stats that led to this verdict are as follows, with 0 being seen as very low and 5 been seen as very high:
- The perceived level of criminality in the UK in 2019 stood at 3 out of 5.
- The degree of presence of security officers and police was at 2.3.
- The figure relating to homicide in the UK was at 1.6.
- Access to weapons stood at 2 out of 5.
- The likelihood of violent demonstrations was 2.5.
- Terrorism impact was at 3.1.
- Nuclear and heavy weapons rating was at 5.
- The level of violent crime was at 2 out of 5.
Spy Gear to Enhance Security & Nurture Peacefulness
Spy Equipment UK hope that you have found the breakdown of the 2019 Global Peace index report useful and insightful. If you require any assistance, in terms of advice on your situation and the best spy gear to utilise in your scenario, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We aim to make the world a better place by encouraging secure measures and peacefulness in society. Contact us if you have any questions about the devices that we provide, our team will be more than happy to assist you.