Spy Cameras – Buyer’s Guide & Advice
There are many situations in everyday life that you may have wished had been caught on camera. We are well known for catching the good times on video with shows like ‘You’ve been framed’ and American hit comedy ‘Punk’d but it’s having a spy camera in the right place and working as it should at the right time that could prove its worth. In this article, we look at the types of hidden cameras that you should buy and run through spy cameras for any use – in the domestic home, the car at work or on the move.
What Types of Spy Camera Should You Buy?
With so many different types of spy cameras now available, answering the question ‘which spy camera should I buy?’ has become much more difficult in recent times as there are so many to choose from. Spy cameras can be found everywhere, but which can be trusted for being reliable? Which are the best value and which ones suit your exact needs? These are common questions the ‘spy guys’ are asked at Spy Equipment UK everyday. We have put this spy camera buyers guide together so you can buy with confidence.
With over 200 different types of spy cameras now on the market what should you consider before rushing ahead and buying one?
Factors to consider when buying a spy camera
- Subject size / mobile or static
- Location(s) you want to cover outside / inside
- Lighting and size of area
- Memory and battery life
- Camera placement
- Wireless, wired or internal recording
- Quality of recording HD
- Motion activated
Spy Cameras for the Home
Protecting your home and family from outside threats is now the norm for many people in the UK. Finding the best camera to suit your exact needs is essential and shouldn’t be difficult to operate or make use of.
Top 3 most popular spy cameras for use at home
- Most versatile is the HD Black Box WiFi Camera
- Easiest to use system; Day / Night WiFi CCTV Camera
- Most discreet is the Wireless Camera with Receiver Recorder – ask about its availability by contacting us.
Hidden Cameras for the Car
A hidden camera recording system for the car will enable you to drive anywhere in the car with the confidence that if anything happens it will be caught on tape and can be used for evidence for your insurers or even in court.
The most popular car spy camera
- Best all-round is the Bug Detector – Combo
- *Most popular for use in the car; Swivel Lens Wide Angle Cam / DVR
*This camera system can be used not only in a car but in a variety of different places.
Hiding Cameras at Work
Are your employees stealing from you? Are you being harassed by work colleagues? Do you suspect an employee is mistreating your staff or customers?
Top employee spy cameras
- Best camera for catching thieves is the Tiny Black Box Spy Camera System.
- One of the most discreet camera devices that we stock is the HD PIR Camera / DVR System.
- A very popular device is the HD Video/Voice Recording Spy Pen.
Catching Someone in the Act
Whether you suspect your partner has been cheating on you or maybe you think your ‘trusted’ babysitter isn’t doing what they should be.
Best spy cameras for catching someone
- Nanny cam
- Cheating partner devices
If you are interested in acquiring a spy camera to catch someone in the act, contact us.
Many professionals will use spy equipment everyday as part of their jobs. Mystery diners and secret shoppers to name but a few. You can find al of the relevant spy equipment devices and the ultimate Mystery shopper guide:
Collecting Important Evidence
Whether you want to find out what your dog is doing while you’re away from the home or you are involved in a situation where you need to collect hard evidence and so reliability is essential.
Here are our top 3 favourites:
- Most versatile – Tiny Black Box Spy Camera System (featured above).
- Body-worn – Button Camera Ultimate Package
- Most inconspicuous – Air Freshener Camera / DVR – HD
Whether you want to catch your cat doing something hilarious or you want to play an awesome outdoor game. There are a variety of spy cams that are available here are our favourites. Top 3 most popular spy cameras for catching entertaining moments.
- Cat or dog cam – Smoke Alarm WiFi Spy Camera.
- Game spy cams – check out our outdoor spy cameras.
- All-round hidden cam – Camera Glasses (Professional Grade).
If you are still unsure about which hidden camera is best suited for your needs, call an expert who will offer you free advice and find the best solution for you. Call the spy guys on 02476 010588 today.
Glossary of Spy Camera Terms
- DVR is short for “Digital Video Recorder”
- HD means “High Definition”
- SD “Secure Digital” (memory card)
- 3G means that the device can be communicated with wirelessly using a phone or computer
- CCD stands for “charge coupled device” and provides better picture quality and reliability.
- TV lines refers to the pictures resolution. The more TV lines you have the better quality of the picture
Why not go through our complete spy camera range and find the suited option for you? We are always here to answers any questions you may have about our range