The Best Spy Cameras For Your Home
Spy cameras are a valuable addition to any home security system. If you find yourself away from home a lot, or you often have people coming in and out whilst you’re at work, then it may be worth considering installing a hidden spy camera. It can then act as a remote pair of eyes to give you extra peace of mind.
Alongside being great criminal deterrents, spy camera systems have a number of useful applications, which we will explore further within this blog. Stick around to learn more about the nature and legality of spy cameras, situations they may come in handy, as well as some of Spy Equipment UK’s top picks for your home.
What Is A Spy Camera?
Put simply, a surveillance spy camera is a device that is capable of covertly capturing both video and audio footage of a person or a location. Most of the time, spy cameras are used by individuals or companies, either as a way of deterring inappropriate behaviour or misconduct, or to collect important evidence for an investigation.
What Do Spy Cameras Look Like?
There are hundreds of spy cameras currently on the market, coming in a variety of surreptitious forms, which make them a lot harder to spot. Here are some examples:
A lot of the time, homeowners will deploy conventional security cameras haphazardly, either because they’re unsure on how to properly install them, or to try and hide them, as they can sometimes be a bit of an eye sore. However, with these inconspicuous spy cameras with audio for home, you have a lot more flexibility when it comes to deployment, as they will blend nicely into the surroundings and can be in plain sight with less risk of detection.
Which Hidden Spy Cameras Are Best For Home?
At Spy Equipment UK, we have an extensive range of hidden cameras and disguised spy cameras suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Here are some of our bestsellers:
Indoor Spy Cameras
No matter the circumstances, indoor spy camera systems can bring value to all homeowners. All of Spy Equipment UK’s indoor spy cameras have been developed for domestic use, with the aim of arousing as little suspicion as possible. Here are some of our most popular indoor spy cameras and their main features:
|Benefits||Easy set-up inconspicuous design high definition footage fully-functional remote global viewing capability|
|Similar Products||USB Mains Charger Camera USB Spy Camera|
|Extras||US or European plug version available|
|Similar Products||Mini Black Box Security Camera
Mini Car Security Camera
|Extras||US or European plug version available|
|Cost||£288.00 (inc. VAT)|
|Similar Products||Bluetooth Speaker Camera|
|Extras||SD card upgrade options
Radio comes in white or black
Outdoor Spy Cameras UK
Nowadays, a large proportion of thieves will be opportunists, who act on impulse when they see an open window or door. Reports have shown that over half of burglars will, however, be deterred from entering a home if they notice CCTV or an outdoor spy camera. Here are some of our most popular, affordable outdoor security cameras:
|Similar Products||Spy Pod Outdoor Security Camera|
|Extras||Sandisk 32GB SD card upgrade available|
Why Use A Spy Camera In Your Home?
There are several reasons why homeowners may choose to install an indoor or outdoor spy camera. To narrow it down, here are some of the most common situations we see at the Spy Equipment UK HQ:
- To keep an eye on children or elderly relatives: if you often leave your children with a minder whilst you’re at work or your elderly relatives are being cared for by someone else, you may want to install a camera, just to make sure everything is as it should be.
- To monitor pets whilst at work: with a spy camera, you will be able to determine which pet is the guilty party when you come home to a shredded sofa, or an empty bag of kibble!
- To deter criminals: criminals are more likely to be dissuaded from entering a property if they notice a CCTV or outdoor spy camera. If a criminal does break into your home, you’ll be able to use the footage gathered from disguised spy cameras as part of the investigation.
- To use as evidence of criminal damage to your car or property: if one day you walk out of your home and notice your car has been hit or perhaps broken into, or your property has been invaded, you’ll have all of the footage you need to take the case further.
- To capture any misconduct at work: if you suspect some employees are acting improperly whilst at work, but you need evidence to support your case, a hidden spy camera will no doubt come in handy.
- Wildlife watching: many people have installed our camouflaged outdoor cameras to capture high-quality footage of birds and other wildlife in their garden.
Ultimately, the versatility of our spy cameras mean they can be invaluable when conducting a multitude of covert surveillance operations.
Are Spy Cameras Legal In The UK?
We are often asked whether it is legal to install a spy camera in your home. It is important to note, setting up a hidden camera in any room where an individual expects privacy, for example a toilet, bathroom or bedroom, is illegal. Whilst you can set up a hidden spy camera in the common areas of your home, if you’re planning on recording somebody who is “working” in your home (i.e. a carer, childminder or housesitter), then workers’ rights laws come into play, which are slightly different.
You can legally set up outdoor surveillance spy cameras if they are pointing to your own property and are not covering public roads, shared spaces or your neighbours land. The government website offers more advice on the use of domestic CCTV.
You can also read more about the legality of spy cameras in our helpful blog ‘Spy Cameras And The Law – What You Need To Know’. We recommend speaking to our team of experts, to cover all bases before you deploy your spy camera.
Purchase Your Covert Spy Camera From Spy Equipment UK
At Spy Equipment UK, our expert team is made up of former police officers, investigators, security consultants and electric engineers, who are always on the lookout for the newest, most advanced technological developments, to revolutionise the world of home spying.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned within this article, or if you have any questions about the deployment of your spy camera, please contact us today on 024 7601 0588 or via email at [email protected] and we’d be happy to advise you further.